Rangers vs Hibs

When managers use the “it’s a contact sport” narrative ahead of a game, you usually get a good insight into what their tactics will be like.

I’m never confident playing Hibs these days, they have a tendency to make life very difficult for us.

I think scoring the first goal will be crucial for Rangers today. If we can get that, ideally in the first half hour, then I’d hope we can add to that lead as Hibs push and more space opens up.

As I said though, never confident. I’ll go for a narrow 2-1 home win.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

When managers use the “it’s a contact sport” narrative ahead of a game, you usually get a good insight into what their tactics will be like.

On the contrary, Hibs are not a "physical" team - this is clearly a wee nod to whichever Mason is installed as ref for today after Steeeeevie Geeeeeeee constant bleating about Porto (who is nailed on for a yellow in the first 10 for a nothing challenge, then a second yellow when the wee Columbian c**t squares up to him and feins  a facial injury later on).

hth

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

On the contrary, Hibs are not a "physical" team - this is clearly a wee nod to whichever Mason is installed as ref for today after Steeeeevie Geeeeeeee constant bleating about Porto (who is nailed on for a yellow in the first 10 for a nothing challenge, then a second yellow when the wee Columbian c**t squares up to him and feins  a facial injury later on).

hth

I never really said Hibs were a physical team, nor did I say it was a bad thing. I was more getting at that I think from those comments, Jack will be setting a team up to disrupt Rangers and slow the game down rather than go toe-to-toe, which isn’t entirely surprising!

I never took it was any reference to Porteous but it may well have been.

21 minutes ago, Green Day said:

hth

It's not as it there's hundreds of posts from hibs fans boasting about getting away with physical tackles against Sevco. 

I’m surprised he’s starting Doig unless Stevenson is carrying a knock. Doig has potential and is useful going forward but he is poor defensively. Tav could have a field day down our left.  

Marcianos shot stopping is so beneficial for games like this as well. 

3-0.

Edited by St. Jude

Just now, Aim Here said:

That's the most likely formation, but it's not out of the question for Ross to push Boyle forward and make it a 3-5-2.

So that would push McGinn into CB with Wright and Doig as the two wing backs aye?

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Porteous to continue his fine run of winding up the stranger dangers during every game he plays vs them is surely a stick on. He’s probably also as likely to get himself sent off too.

4-1 **** is my guess. 

22/1 to score with McBookie 👀👀👀💚💚