Next Ayr United manager

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What an emotional roller coaster this is turning out to be. I had convinced myself a few days ago it was Jim McIntyre, yesterday I had convinced myself it was Hopkin and now talk of Petrie. 

Great that no one really knows , Smith keeps business very close , everyone at club being told at same time , no leaks from within can only be good ,

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That would be a potential hold up if for example McIntyre wanted Billy Dodds brought in. Is he contracted to the BBC? If so a deal would have to be arranged for him to either leave completely or limit his media duties.

Of course if it was someone like Petrie then you’d imagine he’d need to make arrangements and relocate in order to be our manager. Same would goes for his coaching staff if he intended to bring them over.

Billy Dodds said on the radio last night he didn't know if McIntyre was in the running for the job as he hadn't spoken to him, said he was going to call him last night or today to see.

Either truth or a deflected decoy

Billy Dodds said on the radio last night he didn't know if McIntyre was in the running for the job as he hadn't spoken to him, said he was going to call him last night or today to see.
He was very specific. "I haven't spoken to him in 8 days". Weird thing to say.

32 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Could it be down to new managers assistant being the issue ? I also think papers are pre judging , I think the decision had still to be finalised yesterday evening 

Well Hopkins usual assistant is still at Morton (i think) so could be that we're arranging an agreement with Morton for him...

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He was very specific. "I haven't spoken to him in 8 days". Weird thing to say.

8 days ago would have probably been around the time he applied for the job bit of a coincidence...

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well Hopkins usual assistant is still at Morton (i think) so could be that we're arranging an agreement with Morton for him...

Possibly but he’s currently managing Morton and they are showing no signs of wanting to appoint anyone else so he’ll probably stay there. 

6 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Short of hacking the Chairman’s zoom calls I think no one knows anything!!

As it should be, I loved how Motherwell would pop up with someone that had gone unmentioned until then, that seems a classier and more exciting approach. 

Edited by ayrmad

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

35 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Possibly but he’s currently managing Morton and they are showing no signs of wanting to appoint anyone else so he’ll probably stay there. 

Showing no signs of wanting to PAY for anyone else. If you asked for McElhone, Crawford Rae would drive him down there himself to get him off the payroll.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is levien a regular pundit on bbc? Could it be we are having to negotiate with them? 

I think most pundits will work on a self-employed basis and invoice the BBC for their work.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What's wee Craigy Brown up to these days ?

Does he not stay in Ayr or Prestwick ?

He'll be up to his usual no doubt.