Next Ayr United manager

Stillie is in fact running as an MSP candidate this time again. Renfrewshire South this time. He'll get pumped again of course. I don't mind tories putting bibs and cones out at the football but managing is a little above their level in terms of intellect and human compassion.

Anyway, so long as they actually have some managerial experience I don't care. They'll doubtless be on an initial contract to the end of the season.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Might have been the other thread but I've loaded this one.  The likely male names for this role are uninspiring, let's go get Shelley Kerr. 

We'd be as well giving it to Lauren on the commentary team if going down that route, not to mention that she seems to know her stuff.

Just now, WATTOO said:

We'd be as well giving it to Lauren on the commentary team if going down that route, not to mention that she seems to know her stuff.

Settled

Kerr as manager, Lauren as assistant and I'll cover her commentary duties for the rest of the season. 

Based on pedigree, Lennon would be the obvious appointment but I think he has a long way to fall before he’d take the Ayr job.

Stevie Robinson might hold out for a job in Ireland first.

Billy Dodds, Experience at a lot of clubs, number 2 at a few clubs, still involved in football. Maybe away from the front line for to long. Local

Peter Murphy, kept Annan mediocre with the odd peak but has them playing decent stuff

Hopkin, had a weird, John Hughes Raith style second spell at Morton, took Livi from nowhere to promotion though

Mo Ross, apparently a very good coach, comes across as a Gary Caldwell type bellend 

McCall, Moffat as assistant, maybe building from nothing is his best ability in management rather than maintaining and developing.

Danny Lennon/Jim Duffy/Gus McPherson/Jim McIntyre, meh 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Settled

Kerr as manager, Lauren as assistant and I'll cover her commentary duties for the rest of the season. 

No one is capable of covering Lauren’s  duties , she makes Lorraine Crichton look like a total amateur ( which she really is ) 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Surely David Smith only needs to look at a number of posters on here for the vacant position as they seem to think they  are better than Kerr and McCall put together 😁

Shelley, Mark, Ian AND Stuart !!!

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Based on pedigree, Lennon would be the obvious appointment but I think he has a long way to fall before he’d take the Ayr job.

Stevie Robinson might hold out for a job in Ireland first.

Billy Dodds, Experience at a lot of clubs, number 2 at a few clubs, still involved in football. Maybe away from the front line for to long. Local

Peter Murphy, kept Annan mediocre with the odd peak but has them playing decent stuff

Hopkin, had a weird, John Hughes Raith style second spell at Morton, took Livi from nowhere to promotion though

Mo Ross, apparently a very good coach, comes across as a Gary Caldwell type bellend 

McCall, Moffat as assistant, maybe building from nothing is his best ability in management rather than maintaining and developing.

Danny Lennon/Jim Duffy/Gus McPherson/Jim McIntyre, meh 

Wasn't Peter Murphy touted on here before MK got the nod? Having met the guy at the Hospitality Suite once, I wouldn't mess wi' him - perfect candidate! 

I'm generally against anyone with prior links to the club unless they're objectively the best candidate. There's nothing so unique about Ayr United that makes an association here valuable as a manager.

Very much on board with the idea of Shelley Kerr. Think she'd do a great job and would allow us to weed out some of the more intolerant supporters for cancellation.

Edited by Iain

33 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Dick Campbell, come on down.
Plenty of sash down Ayrshire way to make it more tempting.

He would probably be my first choice. Don’t think full time football is for him though and don’t think he’d move down here. 

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'm generally against anyone with prior links to the club unless they're objectively the best candidate. There's nothing so unique about Ayr United that makes an association here valuable as a manager.

Very much on board with the idea of Shelley Kerr. Think she'd do a great job and would allow us to weed out some of the more intolerant supporters for cancellation.

Not 100% against it but from what I understand, she wasn’t great at Stirling Uni, went straight to the SWNT, wasn’t popular and had a terrible World Cup, terrible Euro Campaign and was sacked.

it also isn’t time for a gamble.

giving a top female coach the job or even in the coaching team would be huge and good for the club