Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 minute ago, Marten said:

And do you honestly think that after that one year "pilot" they would say: "aye, we want to continue, but to preserve integrity of the pyramid we'll now move to WoSFL Division Three"?

This isn't just going to stay with one year, they want to shoehorn themselves above all existing West/East/South clubs in the pyramid.

That's all 'ifs, buts and mebbes' - what might happen in future.   

It's not the precise situation right now, or what the clubs were asked to vote on.

Personally, I think the SFA / Clubs should restructure the whole thing top to bottom - maybe that will happen the season after, maybe not even this decade, or ever - who knows?

Imagine anyone trying to sugar coat this. They got bribed. That's it. The Lowland League is living to serve the Old Firm now. I'd happily see each and every club that voted for this go under, and I genuinely feel sorry for the clubs who voted against it who will be part of this utter farce.

3 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

That's all 'ifs, buts and mebbes' - what might happen in future.   

It's not the precise situation right now, or what the clubs were asked to vote on.

Personally, I think the SFA / Clubs should restructure the whole thing top to bottom - maybe that will happen the season after, maybe not even this decade, or ever - who knows?

A restructure wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as the colt teams stay out of the pyramid. They should never be anywhere near the pyramid. There are no advantages to it, only many disadvantages.

2 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

And where do you suppose Edinburgh/Stirling University players are coming from? How many of them do you suppose are anything other than amateur?

Yes, last Season Edin Uni & VoL shown to be out their depth... but the overall standard of the league is strong, and all clubs are licensed.

I'm not certain, but I thought Stirling Uni players are mostly ex pro-youth and effectively combine full time studies with sports related courses.  6th in the league above Bo'ness / Spartans / Berwick - very decent standard.

14 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

11 'others' formed a majority to vote in favour of the proposal.

And they're all wankers with wanker fans (the clubs who actually have any fans I mean).

The LL had space for 1 club this season and did not thwart promotion.  The B teams ballot came after the season was settled - it certainly had no effect on promotion last season, and would have no bearing on an increase to 2 clubs up & down next season, if the clubs agree to it.
The OF Colts will play every team in the league, home and away.  
If the LL only has space for 1 club then why have they just agreed to accept both Colt sides? Why didn't they accept applications from tier 6 licensed clubs if they were 1 or 2 spaces available?

Yes they will play home and away and points earned in those games will count to a teams point tally. The Colt sides will therefore have an impact on the pyramid.

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

A restructure wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as the colt teams stay out of the pyramid. They should never be anywhere near the pyramid. There are no advantages to it, only many disadvantages.

I'm not sure I agree... I just think it is better to fail than never try.

Precedent in Croatia, where B teams are in the 2nd division. 

Dinamo Zagreb Academy players are mostly 20 and 21 yr old- - the system at that club has produced Modric, Corluka, Eduardo, Prosinecki, Boban, Lovren, Kranjcar etc etc.

6 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

If the LL only has space for 1 club then why have they just agreed to accept both Colt sides? Why didn't they accept applications from tier 6 licensed clubs if they were 1 or 2 spaces available?

Yes they will play home and away and points earned in those games will count to a teams point tally. The Colt sides will therefore have an impact on the pyramid.

Technically the Lowland League is a +1 surplus. They shouldn't be at 17 clubs just now and only are because of COVID. Even now there's a certain arrogance in the LL circles talking about 18 teams next season as there are no guarantees Kelty are going up.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

Dinamo Zagreb Academy players are mostly 20 and 21 yr old- - the system at that club has produced Modric, Corluka, Eduardo, Prosinecki, Boban, Lovren, Kranjcar etc etc.

Oh god, the "it works in Croatia" myth again... 😆

22 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

The LL had space for 1 club this season and did not thwart promotion.  The B teams ballot came after the season was settled - it certainly had no effect on promotion last season, and would have no bearing on an increase to 2 clubs up & down next season, if the clubs agree to it.

The OF Colts will play every team in the league, home and away.  

The £owland £eague did NOT have space for any teams this season. They have CREATED space for 2 teams outwith the Pyramid.  Va£e of £eithen were spared relegation due to Covid. If Kelty go up, it takes the number of clubs to 16, which is their Constitutional requirement. 

B - MEMBERSHIP OF THE LEAGUE

B1 All clubs must, on the Completion Date, be licensed, full members of the Scottish FA. The maximum number of clubs will normally be sixteen (16) but may be increased temporarily to a maximum of eighteen (18) at the sole discretion of the Board.

5 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Most of them are older than me and I don't think Dinamo's 2nd XI played in the Second Division through their development. Certainly not in a couple of cases where you've gone all the way back to Yugoslavia.

EDIT: Just noticed Eduardo's in their as well. So all the way over to Brazil.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

It's not about having spare capacity, and a need to grow the league - this is a new venture, a one season opportunity to support something evidence-backed which may (or may not) have a positive impact on Scottish football.

The LL was open to application a few years ago, but clubs didn't come forward at the time.  And this season, the feeder leagues were null and void.

Just now, Che Dail said:

What?  Croatia, pop 5m,  reached the 2018 World Cup final was a myth?

That wasn't a myth, what was a myth is that the B-teams in Croatia have anything to do with it. Only one of their squad played in a B-team in Croatia and that was their third goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

What?  Croatia, pop 5m,  reached the 2018 World Cup final was a myth?

That 'B' teams played a part in that. They had a grand total of two players from Croatian teams in their WC squad. Maybe young players going abroad is the way to go. Instead of staying in the a bubble existence of playing for a small country's two biggest clubs.