Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

This is the same coach who told me about Rangers B joining the Lowland League before it was announced so no reason to doubt him

I have no doubt that people within Rangers are kicking ideas like this about.

Problems are: SPFL expanding by 6 members. SPFL accepting B teams. Reserve league reformed with enough teams and games to be meaningful. HL/LL accepting the changes.

While i'm sure Ian Maxwell will plant a gold star on the presentation when it crosses his desk. Its got all the problems that kill these proposals off before they even get to a vote. Instead of killing some trees to make paper copies. Rangers should just get their LL bribe money together instead. Its the only chance they'll have of getting into a pyramid league.

15 hours ago, edinabear said:

Have heard through a coach in the Rangers youth set up that the Reserve League is going to be reformed, possibly into 2 divisions and sit at tier 5.  League 2 would be expanded to 18 with automatic promotion into from HL, LL and the reserve league.

Never going to happen of course but I've heard worse ideas.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Never going to happen of course but I've heard worse ideas.

So wait a minute, according to some it’s the worse thing that ever happened in football for the B teams to be allowed in the LL with no progression for them to go up or down, but it would be ok to give them a route where automatic promotion is possible?

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

So wait a minute, according to some it’s the worse thing that ever happened in football for the B teams to be allowed in the LL with no progression for them to go up or down, but it would be ok to give them a route where automatic promotion is possible?

I don't give a f**k about the SPFL, automatic promotion for the Highland League would be nice.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't give a f**k about the SPFL, automatic promotion for the Highland League would be nice.

Automatic promotion from the Highland and Lowland League would be great, but not at the price of having Old firm, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen B teams well established in the League system within the next decade, because that would be inevitable.

11 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Automatic promotion from the Highland and Lowland League would be great, but not at the price of having Old firm, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen B teams well established in the League system within the next decade, because that would be inevitable.

They're already in the League system thanks to the Lowland League inviting them in, what's the difference if they get into the SPFL?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're already in the League system thanks to the Lowland League inviting them in, what's the difference if they get into the SPFL?

Stranraer Reserves aren't in the league system, they're just in a league that can't go anyhwere. No different than Celtic & Hearts. Something they're barely clinging to if they could only scrape 8 votes to keep them in.

16 hours ago, Dicko23 said:

Except they do as its 1 game a month or so. Its not great and the boys in the Hearts B (not sure about celtic as on different cycles) are maturing and improving as they go playing every week at a good standard.

If SPFL clubs want their young players to improve by playing at a competitive and high quality level every week, then they can simply loan them out to any of the literally hundreds of existing clubs in the pyramid. 

Reserve league football was never designed for developing young players - it was to provide a game for injured first team players and jobber squad picks. So any attempt to redesign it fails the basic test of purpose.

16 hours ago, virginton said:

Reserve league football was never designed for developing young players - it was to provide a game for injured first team players and jobber squad picks. So any attempt to redesign it fails the basic test of purpose.

Good God 😂