Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

31 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

That's fair comment... they have traditionally voted "poorly"... last season they had a different regime in charge, so maybe now that circus is over, the guys in charge have rethought their place... thought no need for any circuses.  So this vote could be the beginning of their redemption arc!

But definitely worth congratulating them on eventually getting to a right choice. Positive reinforcement and all that!

In fairness, although I'm still sceptical about that club, indeed they are in completely new hands. Wait and see how they will be conducting themselves going forward I suppose.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Surely nobody swallowed the "benefits the Scottish national team" line ??!! 

Both old firm teams have minimum interest in the Scottish national team......every decision and manoeuvre they make is based on their self interest.

Apologies if my tongue in cheek response didn’t land correctly. McCausland isn’t even Scottish!!! It was a sarcastic attempt at placating how poor the B teams have been at bringing players into the first team. This is the 3rd year now and 1 player and he isn’t even Scottish!

Was the vote for the B teams done by a Show of Hands or a "Secret" Ballot? Would it have made any difference either way?

Surely clubs should push harder for changes to the promotion/relegation situation and call for an EGM to at least open up the movement of clubs between the LL and Tier 6 Leagues. Doing that would keep up the pressure for change and put  clubs "on the spot" and maybe this "battle" could be won sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Are you the chap who formerly had our Jamie as an avatar ?

In which case, you must be a decent sort. Don't get taken in by anything that those charlatans (or Cowdenb*****ds) tell you.

They are not to be trusted.

Jamie Longworth is my hero so I cannot lie.

12 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

There’s no way that’s passing a majority vote.

I think there would be 3 votes for (Rose, Bo’ness and Tranent) and the rest against. I’d love to see the ex league clubs vote for it but they have previous when in the leagues for voting against that.

Its going to be a waiting game for a few years until more come up. Best chance would be 2 down but I can’t see it.

I almost understand why some of the original LL clubs would vote against it as it’s only a matter of time before they are replaced by mainly the larger West clubs.

Thereafter anyone could go down. Look forward to that in a decade.

Tranent have already tabled a change to the current relegation/promotion places.

We wrote to the secretary last week with a motion for two up and two down every season, we now require a seconder for this change to be discussed at the next LL meeting.

51 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Tranent have already tabled a change to the current relegation/promotion places.

We wrote to the secretary last week with a motion for two up and two down every season, we now require a seconder for this change to be discussed at the next LL meeting.

Why wait ? As said before only takes 2 iirc ? to motion for an EGM 

2 hours ago, beachboy said:

Great to hear. I am sure at very least Linlithgow or Albion Rovers will seconder this. 

Caley Braves said they put the B team proposal to their support which was rejected last year and they came out with a strongly worded statement but nothing this time so they (Chris Ewing) has clearly ignored their fans vote and done what they wanted despite all their promotion about fans having a say in running of the club

"

WHAT MAKES CALEDONIAN BRAVES UNIQUE?

We are unique because we are a brand new club and have a blank canvas for which we can create and shape our identity, values and future. We don’t have traditional business model or established local fan base and where some people see that as a weakness, we see this as our strength. We have an ideal opportunity to create a new club, fit for a new, modern generation of football fan. Through our app, each fan will have a voice and a vote, meaning essentially that the fans run the club. Your Club, in Your Hands. 

HOW DOES IT WORK ?  

As you know, our vision is to create an online community of fans who will run the club via the app. To do this each fan who downloads the app can access all of the app’s functions, including the Boardroom, where they will be able to vote on key issues relating to the running of the club and put forward their own proposals should they wish to see certain changes implemented.

FEATURES OF THE APP : 

Access to the Boardroom - Vote on all club matters from player recruitment to allocation of finances"

I put money on it that Chris Ewing has again ignored the 'fans' on their app 🙄

If they voted against the B teams then they would be out and as vice president Chris Ewing would be well aware of other clubs voting intentions..

24 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Caley Braves said they put the B team proposal to their support which was rejected last year and they came out with a strongly worded statement but nothing this time so they (Chris Ewing) has clearly ignored their fans vote and done what they wanted despite all their promotion about fans having a say in running of the club

"

WHAT MAKES CALEDONIAN BRAVES UNIQUE?

We are unique because we are a brand new club and have a blank canvas for which we can create and shape our identity, values and future. We don’t have traditional business model or established local fan base and where some people see that as a weakness, we see this as our strength. We have an ideal opportunity to create a new club, fit for a new, modern generation of football fan. Through our app, each fan will have a voice and a vote, meaning essentially that the fans run the club. Your Club, in Your Hands. 

HOW DOES IT WORK ?  

As you know, our vision is to create an online community of fans who will run the club via the app. To do this each fan who downloads the app can access all of the app’s functions, including the Boardroom, where they will be able to vote on key issues relating to the running of the club and put forward their own proposals should they wish to see certain changes implemented.

FEATURES OF THE APP : 

Access to the Boardroom - Vote on all club matters from player recruitment to allocation of finances"

I put money on it that Chris Ewing has again ignored the 'fans' on their app 🙄

If they voted against the B teams then they would be out and as vice president Chris Ewing would be well aware of other clubs voting intentions..

Surely can’t take long to ask a dozen folk?

There would be a change in the voting if the route to the playoffs was restricted to the actual champions of the LL. Last year, you could have finished fourth behind the B teams and headed to the playoffs and this year (whilst it's not going to happen), it could be third. It's nonsense.

37 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Got any proof of that? Or have you just done what you wanted.

2 hours ago, beachboy said:

That's good to know, at the very least there should be a motion to change the rules so that there is no chance of the bottom team escaping relegation.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

That's good to know, at the very least there should be a motion to change the rules so that there is no chance of the bottom team escaping relegation.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Are they? Isn't it the exact same behind the scenes people like George Fraser and John Dods?

To be fair, I remember the last Board which got pelters about B Teams had a chair and a secretary and no one else because teams didn’t put anyone up for selection and I don’t think it’s much better after the elections last time.

On 19/12/2023 at 09:37, FairWeatherFan said:

Just wait for the blue carpet to be rolled out to get them back in. That's part of this. Rangers haven't confirmed what they are doing. Just wait for another 19 team league. 

Why would they come back? they were constantly complaining about the standard of football in the LL not being suitable for their players and then threw a very large hat into the ring with the Conference and it failed. I'd be very surprised if they darkened that door again. They seem happier playing against European opposition within their age group for just now.

9 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Why would they come back? they were constantly complaining about the standard of football in the LL not being suitable for their players and then threw a very large hat into the ring with the Conference and it failed. I'd be very surprised if they darkened that door again. They seem happier playing against European opposition within their age group for just now.

The people putting this proposal together have asked them, and Rangers haven't said no. If it was a clear-cut decision they wouldn't have been included.