Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

That's the west of Scotland league that's Champion club has yet to win a single play off against the East of Scotland champion

If any league should take the place of the Lowland it would be the East not the junior clubs living in the past in the West who never took the chance when Kelty and several progressive teams in the East showed them how it should be done.

In an ideal world we would scrap the Lowland and replace it with both the East and the West both of whom now are building good strong leagues without B teams.

Pretty sure there has only been one such play off and we all know Darvel had a heads gone. 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

We already done it. with a majority staying away.

Is that actually a thing after you got pumped out the Scottish Cup at Central Park and took a hissy fit? 🤣What a bunch of sad sacks.

It’s good to know though ahead of our visit to your place on 6 January. While I’ll be disappointed not to support my team and see a new ground, won’t go where not welcome and my family of 3 paying customers will find another match to go to closer to home. 👍

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Is that actually a thing after you got pumped out the Scottish Cup at Central Park and took a hissy fit? 🤣What a bunch of sad sacks.

It’s good to know though ahead of our visit to your place on 6 January. While I’ll be disappointed not to support my team and see a new ground, won’t go where not welcome and my family of 3 paying customers will find another match to go to closer to home. 👍

You will be missed 😢 

2 hours ago, Shannon said:

....Another shameless club that needs wound up and I really hope their owner gets bored soon. They would not be welcome in the West of Scotland League when they get relegated so I don't see where they will go.

Vaguely remember reading on here what I thought was a clumsily worded rule drafting on who can get relegated into the WoS. Would serve Edufrance right if that means they have to go back to the SoS in future, given that's where they started out, rather than getting an unearned entry into the WoS premier.

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

That's the west of Scotland league that's Champion club has yet to win a single play off against the East of Scotland champion

Has there not only been one playoff so far? That's not exactly a big statement yet.

Edited by stanley

Just now, stanley said:

Has there not only been one playoff so far? That's not exactly a big statement yet.

The comment was more directed at the person who just wanted the WOSL to replace the Lowland league totally forgetting the EOSL many of who's members showed the ambition to move into the pyramid when many clubs in the west were happy to sit in their own Junior bubble

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

The comment was more directed at the person who just wanted the WOSL to replace the Lowland league totally forgetting the EOSL many of who's members showed the ambition to move into the pyramid when many clubs in the west were happy to sit in their own Junior bubble

Sure, and that's a ridiculous suggestion. EoS clearly still ahead for now with WoS still to catch up when more clubs get licensed (when the SFA finally open it up again...). The EoS have certainly been a good example for the pyramid so far whereas the Lowland League have been the opposite so far in terms of self-preservation and the B teams "one season only" saga.

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

If any league should take the place of the Lowland it would be the East not the junior clubs living in the past in the West who never took the chance when Kelty and several progressive teams in the East showed them how it should be done.

In an ideal world we would scrap the Lowland and replace it with both the East and the West both of whom now are building good strong leagues without B teams.

What chance would you have expected them to take when there wasn't a league for them to join?

Saw a really good Tweet about it from Linlithgow Rose's assistant (I think) gaffer that I've lost. Basically taking a dig at lack of integrity and how much of a missed opportunity this is.

I hope we see them in League football soon. Seem like a good bunch, a 10/10 ground that would be a cracking addition to the SPFL (and is dead easy to get to on the train), a healthy support and very much good guys on the Colts situation.

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What happened in 2020 to form the WOSFL could have happened in 2018 or 2019, but clubs chose to leave it upto the SJFA to pursue integration into the pyramid instead. 

The SJFA for all their flaws and they were many wanting a Lowland League split into West and East with 16 teams and no B teams etc makes perfect sense instead of the shambles of a pyramid we have now. West and East leagues all have at least 3 up and 3 down while Lowland League continue with the farce of between 0-2 clubs relegated depending on various permutations. Straight forward 3 up and 3 down should be the model with West and East split as Lowland covers a much more populous area than Highland League. Of course that won't happen due to daft Scottish football politics.

14 hours ago, Shannon said:

The Caledonian Braves said were putting out to their 'fans' to decide on their app but I have my suspicions that their chairman has just done what suited him and not with the fans vote on their app that doesn't even seem to be available on Android anyway - probably didn't want Pie and Bovril rigging their vote 😂😂

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/news/vote-on-the-inclusion-of-b-teams

So the argument appears to be that the league couldn’t afford to run itself without this subsidy? Also that it has created a problem for itself by its initial decision to admit B teams and they cannot find a solution for them if they get rid of them?

20 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

So the argument appears to be that the league couldn’t afford to run itself without this subsidy? Also that it has created a problem for itself by its initial decision to admit B teams and they cannot find a solution for them if they get rid of them?

From what I seen at the caley v linlithgow game. I'd be surprised the caley officials and fans are not the one and the same. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What happened in 2020 to form the WOSFL could have happened in 2018 or 2019, but clubs chose to leave it upto the SJFA to pursue integration into the pyramid instead. 

It could have done, but there was a massive leap of faith required to make that happen compared to what clubs in the east had to do.

19 hours ago, PossilYM said:

How many would turn up at home games if Linlithgow Rose played 15 miles outside Linlithgow?

As said above, I doubt Rose would voluntarily play 15 miles away from Linlithgow.

Anyway, given the number of glory hunters that travel to Parkhead from all over Scotland each week, it shouldn't be beyond Celtic B to attract twice the home crowds they have at the moment, let alone more at away games. Even their own fans don't buy into this farce.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Saw a really good Tweet about it from Linlithgow Rose's assistant (I think) gaffer that I've lost. Basically taking a dig at lack of integrity and how much of a missed opportunity this is.

I hope we see them in League football soon. Seem like a good bunch, a 10/10 ground that would be a cracking addition to the SPFL (and is dead easy to get to on the train), a healthy support and very much good guys on the Colts situation.

Screenshot_20231219_181651_Messenger.thumb.jpg.24a602219e72f0d67b88911729682ae6.jpg