Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Sadly this and the relegation increase will be voted down for at least 2 more seasons.

This is close the tipping point though - essentially the more promotions the more good guy votes. It’s a shame Kelty and Bonnyrigg are up as they’d have tipped the balance.

Hopefully EK go up but I’d suspect Clyde might fancy a potential Celtic bump. If Forfar or EF come down I’d expect them to vote the B teams out.

The real vote turner will be when Gretna and Edinburgh Uni become relegated. Replaced by teams that will vote against B teams and for increased relegation.

I think all ex juniors would vote for 2 down, as they know the West and East Premier are good leagues with plenty about them.

Im not sure the Shire etc would given how close they are to going down but you never know.

All this LL constipation dearly needs some laxitive.

Probably hurts a lot with this hard shit B team blockage.

Interesting that both promoted and three of the relegated clubs don't see B teams money as essential in their own development. Notice that this is many of the older clubs that have trust in their loyal support many have been turning up for decades and have more confidence in their own sustainability at this level, where as the former EoS teams the originals from the first season of the LL and the new teams who got in before the pyramid was set might not be sustainable at this level without 'windfalls'. I wonder if both East Kilbride and Cowdenbeath are actually in real trouble for cash, but are keeping hush about it. Eventually the arse will fall out of most of these clubs either financial or the rising standard of club will push them down, already happened to Vale of Leithen now Gretna and Edinburgh Uni, probably Gala F next along with Braves.

24 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Did the proposal to include B Teams for another two seasons only include Celtic and Hearts, or did it leave the door open for the return of Rangers after their hissy fit?

The proposal allows Rangers to join as a guest club if they pay the fees.

Two things we should not ignore:-

(1)  the LL agreed that the 2 seasons can be extended to 3 seasons if the B teams want to. That is a unilateral decision for the B teams.  Mental that the LL have allowed this.   The only wiggle room for the LL is they could set a much higher fee for season 3 to put the B teams off.

(2) the age restriction for B team is now under 21.  I predict much stronger B teams competing at the very top of the table.

9 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Broomhill being a good guy is the scenario non of us imagined

No Broomhill are the dafties who opened the door to this pish in the first place, regardless of how they voted today they remain firmly on the diddies who should go bust list. Gala Fairydean and hopefully the uni teams too. 

47 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The proposal allows Rangers to join as a guest club if they pay the fees.

Two things we should not ignore:-

(1)  the LL agreed that the 2 seasons can be extended to 3 seasons if the B teams want to. That is a unilateral decision for the B teams.  Mental that the LL have allowed this.   The only wiggle room for the LL is they could set a much higher fee for season 3 to put the B teams off.

(2) the age restriction for B team is now under 21.  I predict much stronger B teams competing at the very top of the table.

Been a stitch up by the LL board on point 1. Knowing this might be the last chance to get it through.

Genuinely thinking about boycotting the Yes clubs. However don’t want to devoid our players of support.

It is very hard to boycott away games that are against “yes clubs” as you do not want it affecting your own teams performance. 

However, if all the NO fans did boycott it would certainly have a knock on affect on the “4k” that the clubs were promised. 

I would love to see it happening, get it up the lot of them.

5 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

It is very hard to boycott away games that are against “yes clubs” as you do not want it affecting your own teams performance. 

However, if all the NO fans did boycott it would certainly have a knock on affect on the “4k” that the clubs were promised. 

Pick one of the clubs with the smarmiest most hateable chairmen (isnt one of the chairmen a tabloid journo?) and boycott that one club? Could absolutely ruin a club that way and would be enjoyable.

10 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

No, it doesn't. As there's the Highland League with 18 teams and doesn't even have 1 guaranteed promotion spot into it. 

In fairness, you can't really compare promotion to the HL with the LL. The HL has a total of 4 licensed clubs across the 3 feeder leagues. And then 2 of them are in the very weak NCL.

13 minutes ago, Marten said:

In fairness, you can't really compare promotion to the HL with the LL. The HL has a total of 4 licensed clubs across the 3 feeder leagues. And then 2 of them are in the very weak NCL.

I can. Spot gets used or it doesn't. No different than the the Sos/Eos era before the migration of clubs into the East. 

The natural order and karma will eventually end this nonsence. Time is not on the side of the B teams.

Other countries FAs will be quaking in their brogues at how determined both clubs are to continue flogging a dead horse and producing future world class players to play in our SPFL lower leagues, LL and levels 6 and 7. It is very kind of them to continue going nowhere and pay for the privilege.

At least Rangers true to form walked away realising they were getting nowhere and calculated that their absence would eventually lead to all the club that voted against the Conference will go bust, that will show them.

5 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

At least Rangers true to form walked away realising they were getting nowhere and calculated that their absence would eventually lead to all the club that voted against the Conference will go bust, that will show them.

Just wait for the blue carpet to be rolled out to get them back in. That's part of this. Rangers haven't confirmed what they are doing. Just wait for another 19 team league. 

54 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Pick one of the clubs with the smarmiest most hateable chairmen (isnt one of the chairmen a tabloid journo?) and boycott that one club? Could absolutely ruin a club that way and would be enjoyable.

Cowdenbeath it is then

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’d suspect Clyde might fancy a potential Celtic bump.

Maybe the Chairman, etc, would, but the club is fan-owned so I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get a vote on it, and the overall feeling was massively negative when discussed before.

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Sadly this and the relegation increase will be voted down for at least 2 more seasons.

This is close the tipping point though - essentially the more promotions the more good guy votes. It’s a shame Kelty and Bonnyrigg are up as they’d have tipped the balance.

Hopefully EK go up but I’d suspect Clyde might fancy a potential Celtic bump. If Forfar or EF come down I’d expect them to vote the B teams out.

The real vote turner will be when Gretna and Edinburgh Uni become relegated. Replaced by teams that will vote against B teams and for increased relegation.

I think all ex juniors would vote for 2 down, as they know the West and East Premier are good leagues with plenty about them.

Im not sure the Shire etc would given how close they are to going down but you never know.

If Forfar come down they won't be in the Lowland League

2 hours ago, Connor7 said:

How about including Airdrie and Spartans ?  Both provide facilities for B Teams " Home" games. I don't think it is for free.

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

The Caledonian Braves said were putting out to their 'fans' to decide on their app but I have my suspicions that their chairman has just done what suited him and not with the fans vote on their app that doesn't even seem to be available on Android anyway - probably didn't want Pie and Bovril rigging their vote 😂😂

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/news/vote-on-the-inclusion-of-b-teams

Very very dodgy as usual from Caledonian Braves...tries to kid on their fans get a say on everything to do with the club and when an actual vote their chairman deletes the app and stops the fans voting....Another shameless club that needs wound up and I really hope their owner gets bored soon. They would not be welcome in the West of Scotland League when they get relegated so I don't see where they will go.

13 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Joke of a league cannot be taken seriously as long as they sell themselves for a pound to B teams. This joke of a league should be abolished and make let the West of Scotland Premier take its place. For all the criticism Leage 2 gets for no Automatic relegation for a league to decide when it wants relegation, cry about no automatic to League 2 then allow B teams to scream past multiple tiers in the Pyramid is funking astounding. f**k the LL and any of its members who voted this in. 

That's the west of Scotland league that's Champion club has yet to win a single play off against the East of Scotland champion

If any league should take the place of the Lowland it would be the East not the junior clubs living in the past in the West who never took the chance when Kelty and several progressive teams in the East showed them how it should be done.

In an ideal world we would scrap the Lowland and replace it with both the East and the West both of whom now are building good strong leagues without B teams.