Pie and Bovril home improvements

8 hours ago, philpy said:

Don't know if you could have Bettered £560 to do the hall and living room, including stripping wallpaper and putting up new wallpaper. 

That sounds pretty good - never know what horrors lie in store with stripping paper. I usually charge a bit less for places near me as travel time/cost can be grim. Hope the end result is good anyway. Always nice to freshen up your surroundings. There can be lots of job satisfaction doing that for people when you see them so pleased with how their place looks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I move home in under two weeks and have wardrobes and nursery furniture to build. I need to get shelves up in the garage and cupboard plus other odd jobs.

I'm going to buy a cordless drill but I have no idea where to start or what to spend. Any suggestions?

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

4 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I move home in under two weeks and I' have a load a kids and nursery furniture to build. I need to get shelves up in the garage and cupboard plus other odd jobs.

I'm going to buy a cordless drill but I have no idea where to start or what to spend. Any suggestions?

https://www.mybuilder.com/?adgroup_id=brandex&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1tGUBhDXARIsAIJx01kpTp1kkXoG4tjukEm5HL1yuZp2-7_Fx_npEZGAjmIvR3gwBI3aojMaAmdzEALw_wcB

24 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I move home in under two weeks and have wardrobes and nursery furniture to build. I need to get shelves up in the garage and cupboard plus other odd jobs.

YouTube is really good for showing you how to do stuff yourself - loads of good channels on basic home improvement stuff. 

• 5 weeks later...

Show us yer box thread for this pish..

Taking battered old blanket boxes/pirate chests and making them only slightly less battered to maintain a bit of charm then painting them with top top quality gear in nice colours (Aqua Satin).

34CAF1C0-FDC4-4BCE-A5B5-1CD21F2AAC8F.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Show us yer box thread for this pish..

Taking battered old blanket boxes/pirate chests and making them only slightly less battered to maintain a bit of charm then painting them with top top quality gear in nice colours (Aqua Satin).

34CAF1C0-FDC4-4BCE-A5B5-1CD21F2AAC8F.jpeg

The one at the back is nicer than the one at the front imo.

26 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^ Not as good as the 'Summer Colour Pallets' range by Philpy & Co.

ETA - You painted over the wee metal angles and domes.  Better left au natural...............

Don't worry, it'll soon have a distressed look when the clumsy c**t trips over it in the dark.

• 1 month later...

I was trying to get my consumer unit updated from the old fuse box which has been in the house since it was built. But apparently I need the energy company to come out and fit an isolator the sparky thought they would do it for free or cheap seeing as it's a safety thing but they want to charge £170 which seems steep especially when they have no competition to carry out the work, anyone had similar stuff done?

Hi folks. Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question. Any plumbers out there? 

We have an approx 10 years old Magnet kitchen, with a "Norrie" mixer tap, which has started dripping. I'm usually reasonably good at DIY (well, I've never had to call an ambulance 😉) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get at the ceramic valve. There is no end cap on either the hot or cold tap, nor is there a grub screw underneath. The little chrome tubes that you move (like a beer hand pump) to turn on the water unscrew from the housing but the part they screw onto is almost level with the housing. There is no movement when I try to move it. Any ideas? 

Edit... Yes I've looked at YouTube but I can't find a video that deals with that model or a similar build. They all seem to have end caps or grub screws. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar
Further info

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hi folks. Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question. Any plumbers out there? 

We have an approx 10 years old Magnet kitchen, with a "Norrie" mixer tap, which has started dripping. I'm usually reasonably good at DIY (well, I've never had to call an ambulance 😉) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get at the ceramic valve. There is no end cap on either the hot or cold tap, nor is there a grub screw underneath. The little chrome tubes that you move (like a beer hand pump) to turn on the water unscrew from the housing but the part they screw onto is almost level with the housing. There is no movement when I try to move it. Any ideas? 

Edit... Yes I've looked at YouTube but I can't find a video that deals with that model or a similar build. They all seem to have end caps or grub screws. 

This might be of use?

https://www.fixya.com/support/t14604050-dripping_tap