Airdrieonians vs Cove Rangers - Playoff Semi

Half time and 1-1 in scoreline and to losing of big players. We'll be very disappointed to lose a goal like that. 

No Mitch is MASSIVE for us. He can create special moments from nothing. Like I say, struggle to see who will step up and take a chance.

Airdrie favourites in my eyes even though we were probably the better side in the first half.

I said at half-time of the Thistle game that, despite our great run of form, I still didn’t think Murray was a great reactive manager or able to respond to the game playing out in front of him. This second-half will tell us if that’s the case or not. Brilliant to get the quick equaliser but we’re really missing Paton. Given our latter form has largely been down to playing proper centre mids, I’ve no idea why he’s moved Carrick so deep. He’s a great player but he’s not a centre mid. Ritchie is struggling but it’s no wonder when he’s not really getting any proper support in there, bar Turner who we want further up the park. Why not bring Crighton on and move McKay into the midfield? Or change shape and bring on a winger? There’s just no need for square pegs in round holes. But, still all to play for in the second-half. I hope Kerr is okay. 

I’d be tempted to take Ritchie off at half time - he’s really struggling in there and if we replace him with Crighton, he can move into the back 3 and McKay can sit in front. That’ll free Turner up a bit, as right now he’s too deep to affect the game.
Crighton may well be on but at the expense of Kerr if that's who it was that was struggling to come off at half time having taken some kind of knock.

Had to mute the sound until my half time refresh as there audio was running a good 5 seconds ahead of the picture. So couldn't hear the commentators discuss who it was.

Streaming in and out which is more annoying than the 5 second time glitch. Ritchie is lost and we took ages to work out what our midfield positions are. Crighton on ? But Josh Kerr now off -did I miss that in the stream glitch? Still nervy, Off to watch hopefully.
Yeah Kerr took a (head?) knock right on half time whistle and physio came on to help him off.

My stream is always flawless other than the sound/picture synch issue which worsens as the game goes one. Usually a refresh sorts it but I'm reluctant to do that during the game in case I miss something.

We have a lot of the ball but no one with the magical movement, energy to run behind or  instinctive finisher. That's why we won't score again and will probably get sucker punched with a long throw or corner.

Our bench is weak tonight as well so can't change much

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

McKay on for Connell? With Roy and Thomson on the bench? Come on!

I’m guessing it’s for McKay’s height, as if the long balls tonight have been any use. Saying that, if there was ever a time for McKay to prove us wrong it’s tonight!

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I’m guessing it’s for McKay’s height, as if the long balls tonight have been any use. Saying that, if there was ever a time for McKay to prove us wrong it’s tonight!

At least he’s in his ‘natural’ position I suppose! 🙄

BLEW it. Held leads for 4 minutes and 2 minutes. Utter crap. Can't see games out. Same against Falkirk, Clyde and to lesser extent Partick.

Felt we deserved the win. It's anybody's now and Airdrie favourites again with momentum.  That was our chance

Edited by CoveRangers1922