Airdrieonians vs Cove Rangers - Playoff Semi

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

@CoveRangers1922 has been a class act to the Sons fans this season, so I would’ve been happy enough seeing Cove go up. 

However, I’d absolutely love to see Ian Murray vindicated.

Dumbarton are a team I definitely have an allegiance too. Talked to their fans more than Cove's this season!

Yeah tough one for Sons fans as Murray certainly had success at the Rock; was it a 5th or 6th place finish in Div 1 after steering away from the relegation zone and a QF of the Scottish Cup. Latter I remember vividly as they went out to the Dons at Pittodrie; I'm not a Dons fan I must add.

Reckon Sons will get the win at home tonight.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

21 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Likewise and I can feel the tension already!

Will we see the players rise to the occasion and put in stellar performances that merit promotion or will we see a cagey affair. I think the former given the season both clubs have had.

This would be the game for Robert to shine, would think same team as previous weeks will start though, So Robert if and when you come on show Cove what you are made of , I can't help fearing their front men, however if we take our chances we will be in final, good luck to Airdrie tonight, 

Not in Airdrie tonight but logged on in hotel. Bought the Herald for a look at the Sports page and in Iain Collin's many words  on the semi final play offs across the Divisions ,the Airdrie/Cove game does not even get a mention. That's the last time I spend any of my pension on the Herald. Wee bit nervous but let's go for it.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Dumbarton are a team I definitely have an allegiance too. Talked to their fans more than Cove's this season!

Yeah tough one for Sons fans as Murray certainly had success at the Rock; was it a 5th or 6th place finish in Div 1 after steering away from the relegation zone and a QF of the Scottish Cup. Latter I remember vividly as they went out to the Dons at Pittodrie; I'm not a Dons fan I must add.

Reckon Sons will get the win at home tonight.

Unbelievably, some of our fans actually despise him!

Yup, 5th place, just missing out on 4th. The best Sons team I've ever seen.

1-0 Cove after a scrappy start. Fine header from Mitch who isn't the biggest player on the park. 

Long long way to go. That long throw from Airdrie is going to cause us problems. Need to defend them properly for the whole 90 minutes

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Mitch off, enjoy the final Airdrie. Guaranteed loss for us as we won't score another goal in this game

I’m wary of writing Cove off as a one man team - they have a lot of good players, so this isn’t done yet.

Really pleased with our response since going behind though.

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Airdrie not really in it at the moment. Cove looking the better team

We've started to pass it around had a few decent chances from outside the box. Fyvie looking good in the middle but I worry who our goalscorer will be. Rory might get a tap in. Connor Smith looks lively but not scored for us this season, like Fyvie or Yule

I’d be tempted to take Ritchie off at half time - he’s really struggling in there and if we replace him with Crighton, he can move into the back 3 and McKay can sit in front. That’ll free Turner up a bit, as right now he’s too deep to affect the game.

We've started to pass it around had a few decent chances from outside the box. Fyvie looking good in the middle but I worry who our goalscorer will be. Rory might get a tap in. Connor Smith looks lively but not scored for us this season, like Fyvie or Yule

Airdrie are frustrating me. We have some half decent footballers in the team yet just shelling high balls to them. Look like we are happy to get to half time