Scotland squad euro 2020

I would start Gordon rather than Marshall. I would start Gilmour rather than McGregor. Neither is likely to happen. 

In central defence I would have Hendry and Cooper with Tierney. Again expect Hanley to start. 

Current list of highest goalscorers in finals for Scotland

Joe Jordan - 4 goals (v Zaire and Yugoslavia in 1974, Peru in 1978 and USSR in 1982)

John Wark - 2 goals (v New Zealand 1982)

Kenny Dalglish - 2 goals (v Peru in 1978, v New Zealand in 1982)

Archie Gemmil - 2 goals (v Holland in 1978)

Single goalscorers

1958 - Jimmy Murray, Jackie Mudie, Bobby Collins, Sammy Baird

1974 - Peter Lorimer

1978 - Andranik Eskandarian (own goal)

1982 - John Robertson, Steve Archibald, David Narey, Graeme Souness

1986 - Gordon Strachan

1990 - Stuart McCall, Mo Johnston

1992 - Brian McClair, Paul McStay, Gary McAllister

1996 - Ally McCoist

1998 - John Collins, Craig Burley

I wonder who, if anyone :(, will join that list in the next few weeks.  I'd say McGinn and Christie from midfield are probably our biggest goal threats.  Che Adams most likely to burst onto the scene with a run in the tournament.

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

1986 - Gordon Strachan

1990 - Stuart McCall, Mo Johnston

1992 - Brian McClair, Paul McStay, Gary McAllister

1996 - Ally McCoist

1998 - John Collins, Craig Burley

Hell of an elite list!

Thinking back to 1996 when we actually played quite well. Drew with the Dutch, beat the Swiss and should've got more from the England game, and yet we scored only one goal!

11 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Hell of an elite list!

Thinking back to 1996 when we actually played quite well. Drew with the Dutch, beat the Swiss and should've got more from the England game, and yet we scored only one goal!

My first memory of watching Scotland was the qualifying for Italia 90 and Mo Johnston scored six goals in qualifying.  I think that he was probably the last time that we went to an international tournament with a real class, in form international striker.  He scored a penalty in the Sweden game but obviously didn't kick on.  We played three different strike combinations in Italia 90 - Johnston started all three, partnered with Alan McInally, Robert Fleck and Ally McCoist.  

Oddly, we also chopped and changed our strikers in Euro 96 - Kevin Gallagher, Gordon Durie and Scott Booth v Holland, Durie and John Spender v England and McCoist and Durie v Switzerland.  In Euro 92 we had McCoist and Durie for the Holland and German games and then McCoist and Gallacher v the CIS.  

In France 1998 we started Durie and Gallagher in all three games.