Queen’s Park 21/22

There’s no way we’re a more attractive gig than Killie. Get Killie right and you could be sitting in the top six of the Premiership within a couple of years. That’s not to say we’re not an attractive and interesting job, but most managers are understandably looking for the fastest route to the top flight. 

14 minutes ago, David kaye said:

Worried our fan base not increasing much great infrastructure no fans

Playing our home games several miles away in the opposite side of the city during a pandemic might be a factor there, to be fair. I don't think crowds have been bad at all when you take everything into account.

I remember over the years when we have attracted crowds around the 1000 mark and more. It's nonsense to say we could not build a much larger supporter base if we are successful and playing back in the Southside. At times I have attended games with one or two other diehards and yet at big games or when the club has been doing really well another seven or eight ex old firm supporting friends would leave the pub and come along with us. We will never be a large club with a big support but then how many other than the old firm and the established big city clubs are? A Queens team in the Championship could play in front of 1000-2000 easily, based on the population of the Southside. It worked for Pollock FC some years back.

Like any other leisure business, get the product and the facilities right and it will sell. This would be exactly the same for any other club as well. We are fortunate to be jumping the queue with the backing of a millionaire. Does anyone seriously think that the business people involved have not worked a detailed long term plan on the viability of the whole thing? We can criticise the communications and current stadium issues but the fact is Haughey  became a millionaire because he is a smart business man and Dempster got the job because she had the credentials for it.

30 minutes ago, Mission said:

I remember over the years when we have attracted crowds around the 1000 mark and more. It's nonsense to say we could not build a much larger supporter base if we are successful and playing back in the Southside. At times I have attended games with one or two other diehards and yet at big games or when the club has been doing really well another seven or eight ex old firm supporting friends would leave the pub and come along with us. We will never be a large club with a big support but then how many other than the old firm and the established big city clubs are? A Queens team in the Championship could play in front of 1000-2000 easily, based on the population of the Southside. It worked for Pollock FC some years back.

Like any other leisure business, get the product and the facilities right and it will sell. This would be exactly the same for any other club as well. We are fortunate to be jumping the queue with the backing of a millionaire. Does anyone seriously think that the business people involved have not worked a detailed long term plan on the viability of the whole thing? We can criticise the communications and current stadium issues but the fact is Haughey  became a millionaire because he is a smart business man and Dempster got the job because she had the credentials for it.

1000 plus  would be good hope so been there when we had 1500 or so at cowden

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Any rumours? Don’t need them to be true or even have any basis to them. Completely made up ones will do.

Don't  know about the new manager but  we'll be bringing  some players back. Andy Robertson, Ricky Little, Davie Anderson, Jamie Longworth and David Galt.

The best way to attract support is a winning side. That’s why covid and the Lesser debacle have been so depressing. Watching that team win the league and then ride high the next season could have stuck another 150 min on the gate each week. 

Looks like McInnes to Killie is done… interesting…

David McCallum? At 44, he’d need to move pretty soon if he wants a management career. New regime at Ibrox might be an ideal time to part ways. Stark and he were huge parts of developing the system that brought through so many good players. The club are obviously going big on the academy and signing young players side of things. Limited experience of management at a truly competitive level. Aforementioned Stark does, though. Took an assistant gig at Rovers a few years back, but at 65 he’s maybe more likely to fancy putting the feet up than standing in the rain at Pollok Park as part of a coaching team.

This isn’t a rumour and, as with 99.9% of things, I know absolutely nothing. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t on the list, though.