Kelty Hearts Thread

7 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

The B teams are a weird proposition too though. We had a mad 10 minutes. Lewis Owens torn to shreds when he came on by a young Hearts bot who looked class all game and bagged a quickfire brace.

Saw some promising signs tonight. McCarvel looks a find. Billy Owens at LB again...we know how that usually ends....

That's good neeb regarding McCarvel but think Billy Owens is getting sold a bit short from Tids as we all know he can't play LB ???, Take it trialist goalie was not what we need ?? 

23 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

That's good neeb regarding McCarvel but think Billy Owens is getting sold a bit short from Tids as we all know he can't play LB ???, Take it trialist goalie was not what we need ?? 

I thought the keeper was decent. Kicking excellent and not much chance for the goals. Looked pretty young so guessing a potential loan signing.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Are Kelty signing Liam Brown? He left EK with no reason or explanation given.  

He's played every game so far preseason, albeit went off injured early last night. No idea if we're signing him yet though & last night won't have helped I guess.

I think Brown is mentally and physically a spent force.

Would be a big risk signing considering you already have Scott Allan who can barely be arsed moving.

I'd make Kelty favourites for the drop unless they strengthen significantly over the next few weeks.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Neilly said:

I think Brown is mentally and physically a spent force.

Would be a big risk signing considering you already have Scott Allan who can barely be arsed moving.

I'd make Kelty favourites for the drop unless they strengthen significantly over the next few weeks.

Allen looked good last night but 100% needs legs round about him. Don't disagree that we need a few more in but still quality there.

Just seem a signing announced from EK. Likely Brown then....

Edited by leomessi1984

29 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Allen looked good last night but 100% needs legs round about him. Don't disagree that we need a few more in but still quality there.

Just seem a signing announced from EK. Likely Brown then....

Where did Scott Allan play out of interest? 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where did Scott Allan play out of interest? 

CM, sat quite deep looking to dictate play. Was inches away from a half way line goal from kick off 2nd half. He got about but can see he's not going to cover lots of ground.

10 hours ago, Kelheart said:

IMG_2273.thumb.png.af2e04807beb6cfae19262144e23df37.pngnot too a bad starting line up , few good players on bench and a few  loans in as well (Def & Att )  and hopefully good to go 

Think Tids & Allan will swap positions there Kelheart but spot on. Cole looked a good option from the bench & Cunningham still available also. New keeper needed too.

27 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Think Tids & Allan will swap positions there Kelheart but spot on. Cole looked a good option from the bench & Cunningham still available also. New keeper needed too.

Yeah wasn't sure , flip of a coin with the two of them in that position neeb  , but think we are looking not too bad and at least all the players are signed as we got caught short with injuries last season 

Posted (edited)

Murray Thomas in from Hearts B. Expect Hegharty will be the second one announced today. A very young team shaping up but exciting.

Edit - Williamson in on loan from QP is the 2nd. Hegharty pending.

Edited by leomessi1984

51 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Murray Thomas in from Hearts B. Expect Hegharty will be the second one announced today. A very young team shaping up but exciting.

Edit - Williamson in on loan from QP is the 2nd. Hegharty pending.

I always rated Heraghty, very vocal on the park and clearly talented, never understood why he fell out of favour as backup keeper.

Williamson is a bit of a loose cannon but there's a player there. He should never have been given the length of contract he got considering the jump in divisions he made to sign for us, but I hope he does well.

Keeper and another  experienced CB is all I want now that would be icing  on the cake  😂😂, pretty youthful squad so plenty legs in the team just hope they are up for what's required in this league, in Tids we trust 

Mon Kelty 

6 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Lost on pens to 10 men Elgin 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ hopefully we don't get destroyed on Saturday as Hibs are on the rampage with the looks of it 😂😂

Better team by some distance but couldn't convert from numerous chances. We'll likely take a skelping Saturday but just need to give it a good fight.