Kelty Hearts Thread

57 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Too much safe play and not enough forward thinking. Midfield was pish until Brown came on last 15. Peterhead much better physically & bullied the young lads all night. Felt for CJ as it was a tough shift up top. Much improvement needed Kelheart.

Would've been a game to start Cunningham imo as well , playing Thomas at RB who actually isn't that bad there but is a striker to trade shows we need a bit more depth , Tidser injured ?? or saving himself for league duty I hope as we miss his leadership on the park in games like this , still they gave us a great day on Saturday and still a working progress , would take Cammy Russell back in a heartbeat as think he would be great in this team 

9 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

We look in for a pasting here....

Getting run ragged & not enough physicality in midfield.

I'm on holiday so cheers for the update , defo missing Tids in middle of the park it would seem

15 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

I'm on holiday so cheers for the update , defo missing Tids in middle of the park it would seem

3 nil now. Tough lessons being handed out to the young boys. Dom Thomas tearing us to bits.

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

3 nil now. Tough lessons being handed out to the young boys. Dom Thomas tearing us to bits.

Brilliant last week but still raw youngsters and not played at this level , could be a tough season as seemed to have signed a LL team , Cunningham not on again I see ??

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Brilliant last week but still raw youngsters and not played at this level , could be a tough season as seemed to have signed a LL team , Cunningham not on again I see ??

Disagree on the Lowland league comment. Only two boys from that level signed. The difference is missing Lyon & Tidser for experience & bite & also Corbett still out.

We need a physical presence in midfield. Murray Miller not impressive at all so far.

Not sure why Ross C isn't used more. Fitness maybe? 

Edited by leomessi1984

32 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Disagree on the Lowland league comment. Only two boys from that level signed. The difference is missing Lyon & Tidser for experience & bite & also Corbett still out.

We need a physical presence in midfield. Murray Miller not impressive at all so far.

Not sure why Ross C isn't used more. Fitness maybe? 

I know probably a bit unfair neeb but Tuesday night was a brutal watch and glad I missed that skelping ,  just so frustrating after the performance last week , we need to get a good start next week , 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

I know probably a bit unfair neeb but Tuesday night was a brutal watch and glad I missed that skelping ,  just so frustrating after the performance last week , we need to get a good start next week , 

Granted you were up against a championship side, I was surprised how poor Kelty was, looked absolutely miles off it. Had it been 8 or 9, I doubt there would of been many complaints 

Most noticeable issue was the sheer lack of legs throughout the team, particularly in the midfield. A midfield duo of Liam Brown and Scott Allan certainly won’t be covering much ground this season. Both look a shadow of the player they once were

50 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Granted you were up against a championship side, I was surprised how poor Kelty was, looked absolutely miles off it. Had it been 8 or 9, I doubt there would of been many complaints 

Most noticeable issue was the sheer lack of legs throughout the team, particularly in the midfield. A midfield duo of Liam Brown and Scott Allan certainly won’t be covering much ground this season. Both look a shadow of the player they once were

100% agreed. Lyon & O'Donnell provided that in spades kastvseason, allowing Tidser to play. Both Brown & Allan will contribute plenty on the ball but if we're going to play them then we need legs in there for sure. Miller isn't the answer.

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

100% agreed. Lyon & O'Donnell provided that in spades kastvseason, allowing Tidser to play. Both Brown & Allan will contribute plenty on the ball but if we're going to play them then we need legs in there for sure. Miller isn't the answer.

Miller definitely not the answer pal which is why I can't understand Cunningham not getting started , anyway league cups over for us just got to be on it from the start next week hopefully 🤞 

Bavidge not getting a sniff at Aberdeen. Led the line for the B team in the challenge cup last night. Wishful thinking but we should be pressing to get him back in on loan.

O'Donnell looks to be getting a bit of game time at Dundee Utd which is great to see. Ran the show in their challenge cup game last night.

12 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Bavidge not getting a sniff at Aberdeen. Led the line for the B team in the challenge cup last night. Wishful thinking but we should be pressing to get him back in on loan.

O'Donnell looks to be getting a bit of game time at Dundee Utd which is great to see. Ran the show in their challenge cup game last night.

That would be great , needing a RB till Corbetts fit as well , young lad playing there's actually a CF and Billy Owens is well off the pace unfortunately, hopefully get something on Saturday , I'm going to miss first two games as on holiday but buzzing for the start of the season 

15 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Scott Mercer signed from Bonnyrigg. Finally an actual right back since Corbett has been out! 

Plenty experience which we need with a lot of young boys this year.

Excellent news 👌🏼 gotta hit the ground running today though , wishing Kelty awe the best from Sunny Slovenia 

Mon Kelty 

Edited by Kelheart

43 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Excellent news 👌🏼 gotta hit the ground running today though , wishing Kelty awe the best from Sunny Slovenia 

Mon Kelty 

Hope the holidays going well Kelheart. I'll drop a match review here for you after 😃

Good showing from the troops today. Tidser & Cunningham in the starting 11 made a lot of difference.

Lot's of chances created and could well have won it. Montrose their usual solid self and also created plenty chances. 

Mercer looked solid although went off injured on 80 mins....typical 🙈

Happy & back down the road.

26 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Good showing from the troops today. Tidser & Cunningham in the starting 11 made a lot of difference.

Lot's of chances created and could well have won it. Montrose their usual solid self and also created plenty chances. 

Mercer looked solid although went off injured on 80 mins....typical 🙈

Happy & back down the road.

Superb , safe travels neeb , Cunningham likes a goal like 👌🏼👌🏼