The Championship 21/22 Sack Race

The Championship 21/22 Sack Race  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most likely to least likely IMO:

Rice (an absolute rotter btw)
Hopkin
Dodds
MacPherson
AJ
McCall
Grant
McGlynn
Wright
Campbell

How do you mean by most likely? Do you mean general safety regardless of performance or because the bottom 5 are more likely to do well?

If it's the former then I'd have AJ about second bottom on your list. Unless we go on a double figure winless run then I'd say he's in about the safest job he could hope for. If Wright and Grant are sitting mid-table half way through the season they'll both have their coats on a shoogly peg (if they haven't already been sacked).

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

How do you mean by most likely? Do you mean general safety regardless of performance or because the bottom 5 are more likely to do well?

If it's the former then I'd have AJ about second bottom on your list. Unless we go on a double figure winless run then I'd say he's in about the safest job he could hope for. If Wright and Grant are sitting mid-table half way through the season they'll both have their coats on a shoogly peg (if they haven't already been sacked).

I’d say we’d need to be under serious threat of relegation for Grant to get punted.

We tend to give managers plenty time, even when they don’t deserve it.

Strongly considered Rice as he's definitely the obvious deserving candidate, but I'm convinced the Accies ownership will just let him do whatever the f**k, no matter how calamitous it gets. Decided upon Hopkin, as despite me having best wishes for Ayr his tenure so far just seems to paint the story of a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Voted for Hopkin but could easily see it being Dodds.

The defence and lack of holding/defensive midfielder really worried me so could see us conceding a lot of goals. We do look like we will also create a lot of chances and if we can keep McKay fit he should score for fun. So it might not be good results we get but it’s going to be entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 18:29, keyser_soze said:

So not the sack then, still up for grabs

I would think very few managers would actually be sacked outright, or announced as that, it's usually more a case of resign before you're punted or by the "mutual consent" route, that takes a bit of the blame away from Owners/Directors having to admit they got the appointment wrong.