St Mirren v Hearts

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

As is often the case with your posts. I have no idea what this means.

Enjoy your evening.

As in, the first person to  mention the nonsense was a Hearts poster, just a few posts into the thread.

Sort of goes against the idea we are somehow glorifying the result, while it lends credence to the idea that some Hearts fans are absolutely fixated about it.

Enjoy you evening, too.. :)

I've never really recovered from 1996. Hearts lost two cup finals and Scotland lost to England at the Euros.
Being upset about things that happened when I was a toddler (as I'd imagine is roughly the case with 86 for most on this thread) is beyond me though.
It carries no memory, no relevance, no benefit to me experientially if we'd won it.

Nonsense, I wasn't born for another 9 years and I'm still seething about 86.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ll fall out with you if you mention the 2010 League Cup Final. 

Thinking about that makes me sharply inhale breath, and I don't even have an opinion on St Mirren.

Ouch.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Nonsense, I wasn't born for another 9 years and I'm still seething about 86.

This is your choice.

No more relevant to me than '65.

Airdrie are a bigger deal to me. Those semi-finals were horrendous experiences for a young Hearts supporter.

Glad they're fucked these days.

In terms of league titles, we gave up on '98 too early and let that get away from us. Those are the big regrets for me.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
7 minutes ago, Ric said:

As in, the first person to  mention the nonsense was a Hearts poster, just a few posts into the thread.

Sort of goes against the idea we are somehow glorifying the result, while it lends credence to the idea that some Hearts fans are absolutely fixated about it.

Enjoy you evening, too.. :)

Maybe I'm being whooshed here. But it was a Hibbie and then you who mentioned it first.

Anyway.

7 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Thinking about that makes me sharply inhale breath, and I don't even have an opinion on St Mirren.

Ouch.

Indeed. Worst experience of my St Mirren supporting life, and I include Hammarby, three losing 1980s cup semis, the bib and kiddie’s pirate costume home shirts, Fergie leaving us for Aberdeen, Alan Stubbs & Darren Jackson, Djemba Djemba bunnets, the Celtic Shop, and historical long standing infrastructure issues in that.

Mind you, I’ve seen us win the Scottish Cup, League Cup, a few Division 1 titles, play in Europe, and finish third in the league once upon a time, so, you know, we move on. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Maybe I'm being whooshed here. But it was a Hibbie and then you who mentioned it first.

Anyway.

:lol:

No you are absolutely right, I actually thought that was a Hearts fan. Ah, well...

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

Overall, I honestly don't think ill or not of Hearts. In Edinburgh I was definitely on the green side, but then a lot of that was you lot wrapping yourselves in Union Jacks and parading pictures of the Queen in some attempt to goad the opposition, when in reality it was just full on cringe.

I've never seen a picture of the Queen at Tynecastle. Paraded or otherwise.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Darren said:

I like it as an image. The team carrying pictures of her round the pitch before each game. Perhaps warming up in t-shirts bearing her coupon. Or people marching to the turnstyles from the TA or the Diggers holding aloft images of Betty II.

Or maybe it's all nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

Not officially you understand,but the pictures were doing the rounds a few years back, could have been Prince Harry and something to do with his wedding or some shit.

I note you don't dismiss the "wrapping yourselves in the Union Jack" claim, though.. ;)

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not officially you understand,but the pictures were doing the rounds a few years back, could have been Prince Harry and something to do with his wedding or some shit.

I note you don't dismiss the "wrapping yourselves in the Union Jack" claim, though.. ;)

Nobody's ever backed up why it's wrong to take a UF to a game.

I'd never do it myself, but what's the matter with someone taking their national flag to a game, or writing the name of their supporters' club on one?

It's a baffling thing to hold against someone.

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Neilson saying Saints tactics of roughing up GMS ‘unacceptable’.

I watched the whole game yesterday and don’t remember anything that looked remotely like that.

Even the time he was down for ages it looked like a nothing tackle?

Don’t remember seeing any Hearts fans complaining about the treatment he was getting during the game either?

He was left in a crumpled heap about 3 minutes in when someone led with an arm, it was a poor challenge. Few other quote hefty ones on him, but nowt to greet about IMO as it's what you get in this league and he knows it. 

The first one was poor though.

10 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

What age are you?

There's no possible way for St Johnstone and United to be the only teams you've seen win more than two major cups.

The only diddy teams, this is where we end up when one of us doesn't read carefully...

Commerative mugs for Wills marrying a commoner were a sad sight, no doubt, but I'll be damned if I've ever seen pics of Elizabeth II being paraded around Tynecastle.

Perhaps Ric is getting confused with adulation for Ann Budge, aka Queen of Hearts and saviour of the SPFL.

An easy mistake given we're the establishment club these days.