Businesses no longer accepting cash

Spending money abroad by card is an infinitely more simple system than obtaining foreign currency.

If you have travelled without a card capable of being used fee free in the country you have travelled to you don't deserve to eat.  

As is giving a 9 year old your debit card to tap on the reader as opposed to some wee dafty holding up the line whislt they count out their 20ps

If you could all start spreading the, presumably false, malicious rumour that

William Christie Butchers 
170 Bruntsfield Place
 Edinburgh
EH10 4DF

are involved in tax fraud and/or  employing illegal immigrants then they might get bullied into accepting card payments which would make their customers lives slightly easier

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Spending money abroad by card is an infinitely more simple system than obtaining foreign currency.

If you have travelled without a card capable of being used fee free in the country you have travelled to you don't deserve to eat.  

As is giving a 9 year old your debit card to tap on the reader as opposed to some wee dafty holding up the line whislt they count out their 20ps

I like to have a few 5 euro notes and some coins for tips as well as my trusty Revolut card.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I like to have a few 5 euro notes and some coins for tips as well as my trusty Revolut card.

The Revolut also offers a junior card for your kids. I've got one for my 11 year old and she was very happy being responsible for her own holiday cash (with restrictions obviously) when we were in Greece this summer.

Edited by Suspect Device

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had no issue using cash on my recent Spanish trip and most others that I noticed also seemed to be using it and waiters, bar staff, shop assistants weren't in any way annoyed, shocked or perturbed when accepting it.

Personally I like to have a mix of cash and card as you never know when a fraud block can get fired on (coming from someone with over 25 years Banking experience) and also better if you're out on the town on a blotto spree !!