South of Scotland League general chat

4 hours ago, Jamie92 said:

South isn’t dying. All you have to look at is the junior association making stupid decisions. Long may they stay in talks/association with the west as if things keep going the way they are with the juniors, expect clubs to come south. Nithsdale have even been put off with applying. If the juniors disband then south will go west. So simply put, as long as the junior association exists, the south will not be moving and may even grow nicely 🙌 

You do realise that there are no Junior leagues south of Dundee, and that the West of Scotland League is a senior league affiliated to the SFA just like the SoS, aye?

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You do realise that there are no Junior leagues south of Dundee, and that the West of Scotland League is a senior league affiliated to the SFA just like the SoS, aye?

And you’re telling me when the west moved, all the junior committee associated with the west juniors stepped down and have no input in the west of Scotland league? Aye right. 

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Remember when the Junior Cup would just be like any other regional FA Cup and it would be up to the clubs to make it work? Then WoSFL enshrined it in their constitution.

image.png.3f60f3d3265b28761c314dcad0104f2b.png

Also made sure the old blazers were taken care of.

image.png.8ec1dece29543a8f999ea3aec9c67996.png

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Remember when the Junior Cup would just be like any other regional FA Cup and it would be up to the clubs to make it work? Then WoSFL enshrined it in their constitution.

image.png.3f60f3d3265b28761c314dcad0104f2b.png

Also made sure the old blazers were taken care of.

image.png.8ec1dece29543a8f999ea3aec9c67996.png

Odd lot, they still need their comfort blanket.

Anyway time to get this thread back on point.

Big game tonight at Heathhall, which will have a massive bearing on the destination of the title and also impact on the LL Play-offs. 

After my poor reporting earlier I will try and get it correct this time.

After Vale's 8-0 stroll in Wigtown Monday;

Creetown 48pts, 4 to play Lochar Th 48pts, 2 to play Abbey Vale 43pts 5 to play

Can't make it along tonight, horse stuff as usual to do, so would be great if anyone attending can give us a wee report on here.

Glad to see so many either looking at and /or contributing to promoting the South West Clubs.

Let's keep it relevant.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Here here! League gets berated enough by those outside the south so good to see some positivity within this. 

Looking forward to the game tonight, can’t call it. For a nice title race run in I would like to see Lochar win. Just depends who’s available. Anderson to score is probably a certain. I’m sure Jardine will have his boys fired up as will Adams. 

Abbey Vale should beat uppers and there will be an interesting game at Lochmaben. Uppers currently not being allowed to play on their pitch by the council, unbelievable 🤦‍♂️

12 hours ago, Jamie92 said:

And you’re telling me when the west moved, all the junior committee associated with the west juniors stepped down and have no input in the west of Scotland league? Aye right. 

I'm not sure what you're driving at.  The West of Scotland League is a senior league, not a Junior league, and just like the East of Scotland League, those running the clubs are largely the same as from the Junior days.

2 hours ago, Jamie92 said:

Here here! League gets berated enough by those outside the south so good to see some positivity within this. 

Looking forward to the game tonight, can’t call it. For a nice title race run in I would like to see Lochar win. Just depends who’s available. Anderson to score is probably a certain. I’m sure Jardine will have his boys fired up as will Adams. 

Abbey Vale should beat uppers and there will be an interesting game at Lochmaben. Uppers currently not being allowed to play on their pitch by the council, unbelievable 🤦‍♂️

According to Moffat gossip (which is very occasionally correct, but not I suspect on this occasion) it's because the pitch is waterlogged., and has been for most of this season. It looks fine to me, and "home" games 15-30 miles away are completely pointless. Both literally and metaphorically. Lockerbie tonight, according to Soccerway, incidentally.

4 hours ago, Jamie92 said:

Like the way Vale play so probs favour them. But and it's a massive but, I want to see a South West side in the play-offs so want Creetown to prevail.

But just glad to be promoting the South West on here.

Next game probs at is Creetown v Threave in Cree Lodge Cup next Tuesday.

Find the prospect of this enthralling given Threave's 'desertion'.

Time for that later though, after tonight Vale v Luncarty in the Shield to look forward to on Sat.

34 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Like the way Vale play so probs favour them. But and it's a massive but, I want to see a South West side in the play-offs so want Creetown to prevail.

But just glad to be promoting the South West on here.

Next game probs at is Creetown v Threave in Cree Lodge Cup next Tuesday.

Find the prospect of this enthralling given Threave's 'desertion'.

Time for that later though, after tonight Vale v Luncarty in the Shield to look forward to on Sat.

Could Vales eye be on that Luncarty game at the weekend? 2 good results in cup winners shield gets them Scottish Cup football next year and they may feel league not being in their hands is out of reach?

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not sure what you're driving at.  The West of Scotland League is a senior league, not a Junior league, and just like the East of Scotland League, those running the clubs are largely the same as from the Junior days.

I 100% know that. What I’m saying is that when the juniors moved over to the west of Scotland football league, how many from the juniors committee still have an input on how the west of Scotland football league is run. 

30 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

Could Vales eye be on that Luncarty game at the weekend? 2 good results in cup winners shield gets them Scottish Cup football next year and they may feel league not being in their hands is out of reach?

They are changing the team a lot, only a few consistent players have been starting for their run in of fixtures. They are taking the league as priority as well as the shield. They are both the main focus, it’s just if they have the legs to do it. 

40 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

When you are in that position you want it all.

They will have an eye on Wilson Park tonight.

As for the Shield,  South West teams don't have a good record in it, over to @HibeeJibee for that.

Both Luncarty, East 1st and Renfrew, West 2nd are in the frame for promotion and have been showing good form. Not making any predictions or forecasts will just wait and see.

10 minutes ago, Jamie92 said:

I 100% know that. What I’m saying is that when the juniors moved over to the west of Scotland football league, how many from the juniors committee still have an input on how the west of Scotland football league is run.

When the WoSFL was formed, I believe the league board was mostly made-up of new members and most probably pro-pyramid.  The WRJFA was disbanded.

Given the WoSFL is only about 3-4 years old, everyone involved in the running of it would have been involved with their clubs during the Junior era.

Not sure the relevance any of this is to be fair.

@Jamie92 the clowns that ran the show in West Joonyrus; Robertson, Johnston et al are no lo get around. The people at the table are clubmen not blazers. Yes there are a few JoonyurWays they still promote but put the welfare of the clubs first.

The way they have supported and encouraged the new clubs in Div 4. has been excellent. Been patient with these clubs as they make their way in the league. So kudos for that.

Anyway this is a South West Forum, West section for this pish. 😜

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Full time at Wilson Park

Lochar 1 -1 Creetown

Creetown 49 pts 3 to play

Lochar 49pts 1 to play v Creetown. Hard to see Lochar being crowned now.

Latest from Lockerbie

Uppers 1 - 4 Vale

Would put Vale on 46pts with 4 to play.

Between Vale and Creetown now. 

Vales to lose?

Need to start checking before I post.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

8 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Full time at Wilson Park

Lochar 1 -1 Creetown

Creetown 49 pts 3 to play

Lochar 49pts 1 to play v Creetown. Hard to see Lochar being crowned now.

Latest from Lockerbie

Uppers 1 - 4 Vale

Would put Vale on 43pts with 5 to play.

Between Vale and Creetown now. 

Vales to lose?

Yip Vale must be favourites now, just surprised you didn't mention them in your earlier post. I always thought that with the games left they were in a strong position. Could still be a shock result or two to come.

13 minutes ago, outsider said:

Yip Vale must be favourites now, just surprised you didn't mention them in your earlier post. I always thought that with the games left they were in a strong position. Could still be a shock result or two to come.

I got it in my head they were playing Friday Night. Then I realised they have Luncarty on Sat, so rechecked and heh presto is mucked up again.

I so want to have a play-off game down here to watch, wasn't around last year for Darvel game at St.Marys, that I'm having one senior moment after another.

Yeah agree re Vale and they have a superior goal difference too.  Would be something if Creetown went unbeaten all season and finished 2nd.

Just back from Heathhall, some entertainment in the 2nd half. Football quality not the greatest but you could see both teams were cautious and didn’t want to lose the game until the last 10/15 minutes when it just went end to end. If Lochar had Anderson playing with the chances they had in the 1st half, it could have been game over by half time. 

Creetown will have better games, will be there’s to lose now, I can see them beating Lochmaben but Stranraer and Lochar…. It could be close. A good healthy crowd, would say maybe pushing 200 all in? Not 100% sure though. 

Was nobody at Maryfield on Sat for the Cup Winners Cup Winners thingy. Would be good to have some feedback.

Would say it's no a bad result from a South West perspective, as you know there is no quality down here.

Was only 5 mile away myself; the dog had a play date with others of his kind. It was finished on time but when I mentioned how close we were, I got that look that speaks a thousand words.

Another big game for the Vale tonight.

Nithsdale; a game they should win if serious about title.

On 14/04/2023 at 20:44, HorseyGhirl said:

The concern is that there are clubs who vote yes primarily to stop numbers decreasing to where the league possibly becomes unviable. This club only started in 2020 and have no roots in any community. A bit like the podcast team they have a strong media presence.

Of course I could be wrong, but first question I would ask would be; why as a Glasgow based club are they not applying for the WOS League?

That’s the first question the Club asked !