Some questions about the Lowland League.

8 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Would it be any more expensive than Alloa?

Glesga has enough clubs. They don't have a history or fan base to upset but they do have a position in the Lowland League which would be attractive to a lot of places. They had an affiliation with a youth club that fizzled out but what's stopping them creating a new one with another amateur or youth team? Third Lanark isn't an awful idea (but bandied about just as much as Scotstoun). Places like Bearsden, Erksine, Helensburgh have a decent sized population. Why not look to move there and find a club to mooch in with.

Erskine and Helensburgh in terms of football is just chalked with folk leaving the towns to go to Ibrox (and the odd celtic bus). Theres no suitable football facility in Erskine and I dont think they’d be able to afford to build one. 

On 23/09/2021 at 14:34, energyzone said:

Why does Rod Petrie have a vested interest in abolishing the North/South border? I'm aware Brechin City were hoping to move to the Lowland League but they surely can't have that much influence when lobbying the SFA/SPFL for a change to the league system?

Don't underestimate the amount of back scratching and favours that goes on behind closed doors at Hampden.  On the face of it, why would Petrie care so much, but remember he is in the position he is by climbing a ladder, sometimes needing a helping hand to get to the next rung, that's how it works.

Perhaps the Angus clubs are future-proofing themselves by calling in a favour now before Petrie departs the scene, so he sees an opportunity created by the Colts and is now effectively resorting to blackmail.

Whether the LL clubs have the cojones to stand upto it remains to be seen. I have my doubts.