Dennis Hutchings

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4629e0d3e0f5320449e68b6dc70bc219.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.0b53d0ed88d7880a16bee5daf1523daf.jpeg

The family of the man Dennis (probably) murdered have also issued a statement.

The idea that soldiers shouldn’t face justice for abhorrent stuff they did is absolutely nauseating, but is clearly something that a lot of people in Britain believe.

The British public strongly believe in justice for war crimes and other atrocities carried out on behalf of a state. They just don't believe that the same rules should apply to the British state and 'our boys' as well. So it's more a case of hypocrisy rather than contempt for the principles of justice. 

Unfortunately the ubernats have the legacy of fully 400 years of British imperialist violence around the world to deflect away from, which can get quite exhausting for their tiny minds. 

15 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

He's not a murderer. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I think the balance of probability is that he fired the fatal shot, otherwise the prosecution service wouldn't have got it to court, but I doubt if he would have been convicted of murder, manslaughter (or whatever the equivalent of manslaughter is here) would have been the verdict, but we'll never know.

I also think bringing a chronically ill man to Belfast probably contributed to his death, I always had my doubts he would last to the end of the trial. Catching Covid-19 finished him off.

However, this should all have been sorted out 50 years ago.

Mercer is a fucking wanker. He kept saying Hutchings was ‘doing his job’. Can we presume at that public school, Tory Sandhurst Army college you’re told to shoot any non-white or non-Protestant civilians?

I think the balance of probability is that he fired the fatal shot, otherwise the prosecution service wouldn't have got it to court, but I doubt if he would have been convicted of murder, manslaughter (or whatever the equivalent of manslaughter is here) would have been the verdict, but we'll never know.
I also think bringing a chronically ill man to Belfast probably contributed to his death, I always had my doubts he would last to the end of the trial. Catching Covid-19 finished him off.
However, this should all have been sorted out 50 years ago.

He had the option to appear via video link but chose not to, I assume at the urging of Mercer and Lockhart. All the taking videos and pictures with people definitely didn’t help matters.