Dundee vs. St Johnstone

Not bothering my arse to go to this tbh, especially with no PATG, so a stream it is.

It's away from home so we might have some shots and that, but it's not likely. We've been shite all season and seem to be getting worse. Kane being back helps a bit but it's the midfield that's the real issue.

2-0 Dundee, Moussa double.

13 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Looks like we could be without Anderson, Ashcroft, Byrne, McGhee and Adam for this one.

Would be very embarrassing for St Johnstone if they lost this.

Did Adam get booked or did he pick up a knock?

17 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I’d be embarrassed to lose this even if you were full strength,yo-yo team at best, 😘

Rightly so. The best team in your clubs history versus a depleted Dundee side who finished today’s game with Christie Elliott in midfield.

What would be even more embarrassing is that if you do lose the greatest side in your entire clubs history will be below us in the league.

Edited by RossDee01

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Rightly so. The best team in your clubs history versus a depleted Dundee side who finished today’s game with Christie Elliott in midfield.

What would be even more embarrassing is that if you do lose the greatest side in your entire clubs history will be below us in the league.

But it’s not our best team,we’ve lost our two best players on the last day of transfers,so no where near our best double winning team,but still a scalp for a lesser club Tbf 

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Wheres this patter come from btw?

The "greatest side in our history" would be last seasons, not this years shambles.

I've no idea how we'll line up for this. Wotherspoon out means its inevitable Crawford will continue getting started with the added bonus of Booth being pointless in attack. Bryson being out probably means MacPherson will start too. Davidson or Craig are then fucked as they'll be over run.

Rooney came off early today, no idea why, knowing our luck it'll be an injury. While the constant rotation of RCB means Ambrose is probably due a start.

Presumably Vertainen will be dropped for Kane, so thats one less player who can control a ball off the park so we have someone to chase punts.

Clark

Brown - Ambrose - Gordon - McCart - Booth

MacPherson - Craig - Crawford

MOH - Kane

Is what I'm expecting. A proper bottom of the table mid/attack for a bottom of the table clash.

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

But it’s not our best team,we’ve lost our two best players on the last day of transfers,so no where near our best double winning team,but still a scalp for a lesser club Tbf 

Okay then, 9 out of the 11 players in your clubs best team in their history will be below us in the league.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Patter? It’s fact. 9 out of the 11 of them are still there no?

Yes. We're 2 players down from the side that won the double.

You'll have to explain to me how this current side is better than last seasons side with that in mind, I'm afraid.

Thought we really dominated St Johnstone in our home cup game but couldn't finish our tea. They then suckered punched us and killed it off as we just inneffectively threw bodies forward without any real ideas.

Felt fairly confident going to McDiarmid in the league game there after but we put in one of the poorest performances I've witnessed from a McPake Dundee side and there's been a good number to choose from, even this season.

If the Dundee that turned up today turn up, we should be building some momentum with another 3 points, but we could just as easily be sending St Johnstone into mid table obscurity when they really deserve to be slugging it out at the bottom right now.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought we really dominated St Johnstone in our home cup game but couldn't finish our tea. They then suckered punched us and killed it off as we just inneffectively threw bodies forward without any real ideas.

Felt fairly confident going to McDiarmid in the league game there after but we put in one of the poorest performances I've witnessed from a McPake Dundee side and there's been a good number to choose from, even this season.

If the Dundee that turned up today turn up, we should be building some momentum with another 3 points, but we could just as easily be sending St Johnstone into mid table obscurity when they really deserve to be slugging it out at the bottom right now.

Id guess your biggest issue will be Marshall, who we'll presumably target with Rooney (if fit) and MOH (if he can still move after his shift today).

Kind of intrigued about how Vertainen could do against your CBs, as I don't think they'd like him running at them and he showed today he has it in him (cruised by Porteous before being forearm smashed in the neck to stop him). I'm fairly confident he'll be dropped, or told to waste his time chasing your full backs if he does start, though.

I reckon Anderson coming off was more of a precaution than anything given he looked fine in terms of walking before and after going down, hopefully should still be available for Wednesday. Ashcroft I'm less confident in, looked like he strained his hamstring or something, was sat in the stand with his leg outstretched for the rest of the game.