WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

13 hours ago, FifeArab said:

The wee girl who danced with Bianca Belair last night lost her mother yesterday morning. Fair play to WWE helping the wee one.

HHH in the press conference was absolutely ill talking about it.

You could see how close to home it hit having young daughters himself who nearly lost their dad last year. He was a bit broken by it.

Just finished night 2 and don't really have much more to add over what has already been said. 

Night 1 >> Night 2

No LA Knight, but Shane McMahon. Wow great surprise team, f**k sakes. Bobby Lashley gets to come to the stage and do the equivalent of the challenge cup winners getting a half time lap round Hampden at the Scottish cup final.

I couldn't give a f**k about Roman reaching 1000 days as champ or whatever, the only thing that makes any sense to me right now is building to Jey to kick his c**t, but it's not even like that needs the belts. f**k knows, quite deflated with that ending. 

Just watched Roman-Cody again and WWE really did f**k up by having Roman winning. That was the moment to end it. 

Just hope Cody wins it at Summerslam or they have Jey win the belts from Roman. 

58 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just watched Roman-Cody again and WWE really did f**k up by having Roman winning. That was the moment to end it. 

Just hope Cody wins it at Summerslam or they have Jey win the belts from Roman. 

Jey is 100% happening. He's getting more and more seeds of doubt every week. They are doing a few 'gotcha' moments with him but you can see the conflict. He's playing the part superbly.

But the way these stories have gone, we're always getting the "this is the moment, they're building up to this" before they just laugh and keep the belts on Roman.  I actually hope they're not going with Jey, because I can't see anything other than the same thing happening unless they take it to WM again.

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed that, good show and a great crowd. longest show I’ve watched the next day instead of skipping through in a long time. 

Shame Bad Bunny v Priest didn’t main event, would’ve been great especially with the interferences.

That was a fun show with one of the loudest crowds in years. I agree that Bad Bunny vs Priest should have been the main event. I felt that the ending to the main event was a bit of a damp squib, although I imagine that will set up another PPV match where Cody scores a decisive win over Lesnar (possibly for the new title?)

On 08/05/2023 at 02:51, TheGoon said:

Having PPVs in these different markets has been a home run for them. Crowds like that just elevate everything - they should start doing it with TV too.

Not sure Glasgow will get a Raw again after last time!

Late to the party, but a very solid offering from WWE, and shows just how limiting the tired touring schedule around the US is.  Apparently RAW had them massively piping in the fake crowd reaction because they knew it would be nowhere near what they got on Saturday, and at that point you have to wonder whether a change in approach is needed.  Not like they need to just abandon the US or anything, but they should definitely be seeking out new venues in new countries that will give you an absolutely rabid response.  PR did just that.  London is likely going to for MITB.  A few of the Mexican contingent are desperate for one there.  Talk of one in Australia (who'll melt down for Ripley/Hartwell/Waller etc).  Extend out to less obvious, something in Dublin would be a great idea if they've got a plan for Sheamus, and somewhere they've not really explored.  Had they not built Cardiff up as Drew's "Homecoming" then Edinburgh or Glasgow would've been great (unless they did it at Ibrox and still let him sing some songs...). But it doesn't even need to be somewhere you've got a wrestler from.  Just find a market you're popular and you've not been to in a while, and you can almost guarantee you're going to have a much better crowd than most you'll see in the US.

Show itself was the usual sold standard with standout moments.  I still don't understand how Bad Bunny is apparently the biggest star in the world (although admittedly I'm not his target market) but he's been the best celebrity convert WWE have managed (McAfee 2nd, Logan Paul 3rd...because 1 and 2 seem like they're not complete c***s).  Great for him to be able to go out in his back yard and have that kind of match.  And credit to Priest for playing his role perfectly.

And honestly, I just can't work it out.  Did Brock bleed hardway?  He does touch his face prior to the turnbuckle spot, and when he hit it didn't look like he caught his forehead.  Although to be fair, he does have history for odd hardway bleeding.  It certainly raised the visual of the finish.

8 hours ago, forameus said:

Late to the party, but a very solid offering from WWE, and shows just how limiting the tired touring schedule around the US is.  Apparently RAW had them massively piping in the fake crowd reaction because they knew it would be nowhere near what they got on Saturday, and at that point you have to wonder whether a change in approach is needed.  Not like they need to just abandon the US or anything, but they should definitely be seeking out new venues in new countries that will give you an absolutely rabid response.  PR did just that.  London is likely going to for MITB.  A few of the Mexican contingent are desperate for one there.  Talk of one in Australia (who'll melt down for Ripley/Hartwell/Waller etc).  Extend out to less obvious, something in Dublin would be a great idea if they've got a plan for Sheamus, and somewhere they've not really explored.  Had they not built Cardiff up as Drew's "Homecoming" then Edinburgh or Glasgow would've been great (unless they did it at Ibrox and still let him sing some songs...). But it doesn't even need to be somewhere you've got a wrestler from.  Just find a market you're popular and you've not been to in a while, and you can almost guarantee you're going to have a much better crowd than most you'll see in the US.

Show itself was the usual sold standard with standout moments.  I still don't understand how Bad Bunny is apparently the biggest star in the world (although admittedly I'm not his target market) but he's been the best celebrity convert WWE have managed (McAfee 2nd, Logan Paul 3rd...because 1 and 2 seem like they're not complete c***s).  Great for him to be able to go out in his back yard and have that kind of match.  And credit to Priest for playing his role perfectly.

And honestly, I just can't work it out.  Did Brock bleed hardway?  He does touch his face prior to the turnbuckle spot, and when he hit it didn't look like he caught his forehead.  Although to be fair, he does have history for odd hardway bleeding.  It certainly raised the visual of the finish.

Gunther in Vienna