WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Well cheers WWE.com for waiting until at least 9 minutes after the show had finished in the US to send me an email with the subject "Reigns Retains" in order to shill your shite t shirts.  f**k sake.

Hampered the main event somewhat even though the result was pretty obvious. Can't help but feeling they left something on the table with that match. It didn't really feel any bigger than any of the other Reigns defenses once the bell went, despite it being so much bigger prior. The character work was amazing, as always, particularly Roman. And a shout out to Mrs Zayn who was about as believable as you could get. But the match felt a wee bit flat, particularly as you see the familiar beats, and then see exactly where they're going for WM. If they now sell that Jey is totally onboard because of an accidental spear then that's incredibly poor. The tag match would have gone down a lot better if they'd kept Jey heel. It'll be good but can't help but feel they've wasted a huge opportunity just to satisfy Rhodes.

Safe to say the presale for MITB is popular.  Think it's just combined Smackdown and PPV tickets currently, but I'm around the 25000 mark in the queue.  Interesting given the capacity is 20000.

EDIT: Got in and all gone, shocker.  Looks like the cheapest ticket for both shows was £70 though, which is quite reasonable really.  Will give it a shot at any other sales, but seems like it'll be a nightmare getting tickets.

Edited by forameus

Sigh. Really looks like they're going for Sami and KO vs The Usos at Mania.

That might not be the case at all mind, but sadly appears to be.

If I was booking I'd make the main event of night 2 a triple threat or make Sami vs Reigns for one of the titles on night one, or make Sami have to face someone on night one to get in to the match on night two (Solo would the perfect guy for this).

I'd also book Jimmy vs Jey and KO vs Solo. 

I wouldn't mind Sami and KO vs The Usos on night one if Sami got to face Solo on night two for a shot at the main event. As I've said before, Daniel Bryan this shit!

I'd also consider having Sami and Cody pin Reigns at the same time. Go off air with both celebrating but with confusion. Next night on Raw, split the titles.

Edited by DA Baracus

• 3 weeks later...

It absolutely should be whatever Zayn's involved in.  I'm not convinced that Charlotte vs Rhea really has the build or the story to deserve main eventing a show just because it's a women's match.  We've had the first women's main event at 35, then one at 37 (I think? Banks/Belair was 37 right?), there's no need just to have a token one when you've got bigger matches there..

Although they've done their level best to cool Zayn off after he faced Reigns, so who knows.

After last night's Smackdown, they'd be absolutely mental to have Rhea/Charlotte main event and not Zayn/Owens/Usos.  Throwing in a pull-apart in.a desperate attempt to build some heat, up against a white hot segment between 4 people who are insanely over.  It's getting to the point where if they're determined for it not to main event, they're going to have to distance it from everything else so it doesn't actively sabotage them with how knackered the crowd is going to be.

Watching Mania 17 on daily motion. The only PPV i religiously watch every year. Skipped the 6 man tag, the Xpac tag and the chyna match but watching the rest. currently just finished the TLC and watching the WWF fan access video.

The hardcore match, Benoit v Angle, Vince v Shane, The TLC, Taker v HHH and Rock v Austin are all superb. The promo with Rock & Austin Limb Bizkit’s my way is awesome and as an 8 year old is my childhood.

I remember reading someone say “if you stopped watching wrestling after Mania 17, you wouldn’t have missed much”. It’s near true.

Edited by FifeArab

9 hours ago, FifeArab said:

I remember reading someone say “if you stopped watching wrestling after Mania 17, you wouldn’t have missed much”. It’s near true.

Massively disagree with that.

3 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Maybe i was just being nostalgic but John Cena and The Shield were 2 of the main things i wouldn’t of wanted to miss out on anyway.

You've just disproven your own point surely? In addition I personally think there's absolutely loads more after Maina 17 (2001) folk would miss out on in wrestling had they stopped watching after that PPV. A massive, massive amount actually in my view.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You've just disproven your own point surely? In addition I personally think there's absolutely loads more after Maina 17 (2001) folk would miss out on in wrestling had they stopped watching after that PPV. A massive, massive amount actually in my view.

Aye i thought about it too, i was just being a mark last night after watching the TLC and Austin v Rock.  

Here's a list of just about every notable show that's happening over this weekend. Fite TV+ looks like an excellent deal for everything you'll get this week. Speedball Mike Bailey is working an incredible schedule.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/02/24/wrestlemania-week-schedule-match-listings/