Killie vs Pars - 12th Feb

Didn’t see a thread.

Heading to Rugby Park on Sat for the first time in 15 years and looking forward to the day out.

We’re still not great but we have definitely improved on the whole since Yogi took over.

I’d bring in Ambrose, Thomas and O’Hara for Martin, Dow and McCann.

Didn’t see a thread.
Heading to Rugby Park on Sat for the first time in 15 years and looking forward to the day out.
We’re still not great but we have definitely improved on the whole since Yogi took over.
I’d bring in Ambrose, Thomas and O’Hara for Martin, Dow and McCann.
Can't argue with that at all. Mccann especially needs a spell out the team.

Any idea what the script is with Todorov? Not on the bench again at the weekend.

I think aside from Arbroath we should be confident in getting points off any team. At least one point. 

Previously we were rotten, we were the worst in the league and we have progressed to just as shite as everyone else. 

Happy to leave McCann in on the understanding that he's not going to score goals, that's upto other players. Dow, Lawless, hopefully DT23. We can't play how we play without McCann and no one else can do that particular job. 

Not having that McCann is so vital to the team that he's the only striker who can play without totally changing the system (are we really saying that O'Hara and Todorov can't challenge for balls and can't be someone who has the ball whacked at them to try and pass it elsewhere in turn?), and not having that we shouldn't be expecting at least some goals from a striker. If Hughes shares the mentality that McCann is so vital and is fine with not scoring, then we will be in trouble. 

We don't need to be lumping long balls up to a bigger man anyway, especially when we have 5 in midfield, and especially when we have Dorrans playing further forward. Struggling to think when we last scored from a period of play that was from a knock down after a long punt. 9 games ago maybe?

If we really can't operate the system without McCann, then change the system I say. If he has to play then surely he, and the team, would be much better served by getting the ball out wide more to Lawless/Dow/Thomas/Comrie/Edwards and trying to get more crosses in. We need to cut out the reliance on agricultural football, as it isn't working. When we were playing it around more and getting it wide more, such as at Queens, the second half against Inverness and the first half against Hamilton, we actually look like a not bad team who create chances and who might actually score. We apparently had 2 attempts on target on Saturday (from 6 shots). Conditions may have been a factor there, but we had 7 against Hamilton (from 9 attempts) and 4 against Queens (from 10 attempts).

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not having that McCann is so vital to the team that he's the only striker who can play without totally changing the system (are we really saying that O'Hara and Todorov can't challenge for balls and can't be someone who has the ball whacked at them to try and pass it elsewhere in turn?), and not having that we shouldn't be expecting at least some goals from a striker. If Hughes shares the mentality that McCann is so vital and is fine with not scoring, then we will be in trouble. 

We don't need to be lumping long balls up to a bigger man anyway, especially when we have 5 in midfield, and especially when we have Dorrans playing further forward. Struggling to think when we last scored from a period of play that was from a knock down after a long punt. 9 games ago maybe?

If we really can't operate the system without McCann, then change the system I say. If he has to play then surely he, and the team, would be much better served by getting the ball out wide more to Lawless/Dow/Thomas/Comrie/Edwards and trying to get more crosses in. We need to cut out the reliance on agricultural football, as it isn't working. When we were playing it around more and getting it wide more, such as at Queens, the second half against Inverness and the first half against Hamilton, we actually look like a not bad team who create chances and who might actually score. We apparently had 2 attempts on target on Saturday (from 6 shots). Conditions may have been a factor there, but we had 7 against Hamilton (from 9 attempts) and 4 against Queens (from 10 attempts).

Aye, you're right. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Can't argue with that at all. Mccann especially needs a spell out the team.

Any idea what the script is with Todorov? Not on the bench again at the weekend.

Yogi clearly doesn’t rate him I guess.

Would imagine he’s on decent money so maybe trying to force him out? He seems to be behind McCann, O’Hara and Kamwa at the moment.

Hopefully we’ll have turned a corner from Friday’s turgid display, and a resurgent Killie, fresh from dishing out an Ayrshire derby mauling, will be well up for this. 

1-1. 
Will take that. Away draws and home wins rest of the season will see us safe. Undefeated run until the end of the season [emoji23]

Rugby Park isn't a happy hunting ground for me, I've never seen us win there in 26 years even though we've won a couple of games in the last few seasons we've been in the same league. Closest I've come is streaming the 3-0 win in the League Cup in 2020 but I don't think I can count that.

I was happy for us to retain the same outfield line up for the Ayr United game, but I would like to see some changes for this one. 

I expect Ambrose will start - Martin has lost possession which has lead to a goalscoring chance in our last two games. Couple that with the unfortunate OG on Saturday and that Ambrose hasn't come here to sit on the bench, I think that will be enough for Hughes to drop him as harsh as it may seem.

Kamwa looked lively on Saturday and was nearly the hero with this shot that hit the post. Deserves a start over McCann. Pybus didn't do much to impress, but I would play him over Todd or Allan. Hopefully see Thomas at some point too. 

Stolarczyk

Comrie Donaldson Ambrose Edwards

Lawless Chalmers Pybus Dow

Dorrans   

Kamwa

5 hours ago, par-adise said:

I bought the stream for this first time round. Anyone any idea if I get this one for free then? Not clear on the website.

Good shout. I did likewise and don't think I received a refund.

Aye. Pressures on.  Hope we can rise to it.

That said, Killie are shitebags who are falling out of a title race,  do they really want to help their rivals out after being humiliated in the derby tonight?  Go on guys,  just give us this one and redeem yourself’s a bit. 

Edited by parsforlife

Big game with Ayr winning and Morton and Queens playing each other on Sat.

Killie have now lost as many as they’ve won at home this season though. We might still lose on Sat but we should have nothing to fear.

Hopefully the recent improvement in results encourages some folk to make the trip but we’ll see.