Casuals

2 hours ago, John MacLean said:

A Albion Rovers v Thistle match is forever etched in my memory for a number of reasons not least that Thistle twice led by two goals but contrived to lose 5-4. Thanks Sandy Clark. 

As you can imagine the trudge up to Coatdyke Station after that calamity was none too happy. 

We get to within a couple of hundred yards of the station and we see these people frantically waving at us. Thinking they are kind fellow Thistle fans indicating that a train in just coming (yes, I know there is absolutely no logic to that thinking but we had just lost 5-4. To Albion Rovers) we stat sprinting towards the station. 

Only when we got within close range to do we discover that it's not Thistle fans urging us to catch the train but Section B down from Airdrie for some pavement dancing in Coatbridge and we had led a charge towards them. 

Anyway, about a dozen of us did about 100 Section B. All of us scarvers too. 🙂 

I actually can't remember what happened at the station. Certainly no punches were thrown as best as I can recall. Maybe some police intervention. 

^^^

image.png.f969ee8e2197c1957680d3756be5fbe7.png

• 3 weeks later...