Casuals

13 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The ACF was a force to be reckoned with. Bert Racoon being the chief in arms, he once took out 300 Cowdenbeath fans single-handedly. Sadly kerfuffles are few and far between now mainly because the Derry boys are running scared.

Did he take them to Wetherspoons, that's his usual?

@Bert Raccoon

15 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The ACF was a force to be reckoned with. Bert Racoon being the chief in arms, he once took out 300 Cowdenbeath fans single-handedly. Sadly kerfuffles are few and far between now mainly because the Derry boys are running scared.

Retired immediately after 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Hibs and Dunfermline battling outside Kingsgate Shopping Centre Dunfermline. Hibs and Dunfermline battling on London Road outside Easter Road. Dunfermline and Rangers battling on East Port street in Dunfermline. All around 86/87.

Dunfermline battling with Airdrie outside Airdries ground on a Wednesday night after a game around 10 years ago. 

There are still guys out there looking to relive that part of their youth. They follow their chosen clubs but often don't attend games, some of them do. So to them it's still a thing/scene, but in reality it's a long gone youth movement. Clothes, music, fighting and football which existed from about 1983 to probably about 1990. Leave it back there ya sad auld beach-baw gutted has beens.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Played in a medal at my golf club last year with a lad in his 50’s who spent most of the round treating me to his anecdotes of when he ‘ran’ with the Hibs casuals.

Sad c**t.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

A bunch of pitiful creatures who could have saved a lot of time by just going to therapy.

Golfers, aye!

21 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I've been going to the Rovers since the late 80's and can honestly say I’ve barely seen any trouble at or around our games. Apparently there used to be a crew from Kirkcaldy called the KSC (Kirkcaldy Soccer Casuals) but I don't have any stories about them.

I was told a big change that prevented trouble inside Stark's Park is when they stopped allowing home and away fans to swap ends at half time. Who would have thought keeping fans apart would stop them fighting each other.

The only actually violence that I've witnessed was before a Raith vs Dunfermline game in Kirkcaldy in 2009. I happened to be driving down Link's Street before the game and found myself in the middle of mini riot amongst, mainly without colours, Rovers and Pars fans.

Still blows my mind that Raith fans were sitting in the pub down links street with fucking fireworks waiting. 

Some dedication. 

Up early on a Saturday and piling into the bus with the lads to get a good scrap with some team from Dundee, Edinburgh or wherever. Coming home battered and missing a few bits of teeth or flesh. Yes, youth rugby was very much the middle class answer to the soccer hoologanism. 

Was a few times Airdrie and I think Morton came in the home (city) end at Firhill punching weans and old guys before getting chased out by the NGE who gathered under the shed. 

Use to see wee bits of bother every other game walking up Maryhill Road to games. 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Still blows my mind that Raith fans were sitting in the pub down links street with fucking fireworks waiting. 

Some dedication. 

Raiths lack of casuals didnt matter when the Links St boys decided to kick off 

St Johnstones fans especially aware 

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Up early on a Saturday and piling into the bus with the lads to get a good scrap with some team from Dundee, Edinburgh or wherever. Coming home battered and missing a few bits of teeth or flesh. Yes, youth rugby was very much the middle class answer to the soccer hoologanism

Oh Shandon.

13 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Was a few times Airdrie and I think Morton came in the home (city) end at Firhill punching weans and old guys before getting chased out by the NGE who gathered under the shed. 

Aye right!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Fred Perry damaged my Stone Island labelled top:

He was standing at the Beach End

Shouting Come on Ye Sons

Wearing all the right clothing

Showing off his guns

It was 1982 and he was a right hard man

His mates all around him and his name was Dan

He worked on the Rigs and he earned a load of money

Had a pal from Montrose who got a punch on the nose, off a guy from Clydebank who didn't like his clothes. 

And that's the way it went in 1982, when casuals meant a visit to Casualty. 

Thank You. 

(Been reading John Cooper Clarke)