Hearts v Livi

thruthenight

48 hours to go, let's get a thread going.

Livi in a good vein of form, but not too good. Hearts are in a bad run of form, but not too bad.

We've played a lot of games recently and there are a couple of players looking tired, so I expect a little rotation for this one. I'd love to see Noubz and Anderson on from the start.

1-1, anyone's game on penalties.

This is an interesting one. We have been looking really good going forward but conceded some soft goals from % balls. We hounded Hearts in the last game at Almondvale and were unlucky with Holt hitting the post then Gordon's double save in the same phase. Hearts gave us a doing at Tynecastle but if i remember rightly it was something like our 3rd game in 7 days (which included at least one of the Old Firm) whereas Hearts had an 8 day rest. Feel this could go either way.

After their shameful display on Sunday, lying down and letting their big cousins shite all over them - and then a hilarious defeat at home to one of the worst premiership sides ever, it’ll be interesting to see how hard the diet current buns capitulate for the 3rd time in a week. If Brora Rangers can knock this rabble out the cup then surely FC Hollywood can.

Hearts 1 Livingston 2 

With a defeat to Rangers then a defeat to Dundee, hoping for a Livi win and a 1 - 2 - 3 and you're out to hearts. No doubt be a tough game against probably the 3rd best side in the country at the moment.  but we are not in bad form with 4 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats in 2022. Livi to beat hearts and Arbroath to do over the other Edinburgh team leaving Livi as the only team in the Lothians in the cup.

Nouble is not a front man, we need get him out on the wing where he does look dangerous, some of his play in the second half up in Dingwall, he was great to watch, good with his feet, and good vision and awareness. Nouble on the  left Anderson through the middle and Forrest on the right. think we could creat a few chances there.

Massively important game for HMFC. Only chance at a trophy, and European group football a huge financial incentive for our aspirations of building a stronger squad.

We are on an absolutely stinking run of form. Livi are on a very good run. 

Close game, with (hopefully) home advantage enough to get us over the line and in to the draw.

My grandparents both worked at Ferrantis, and I had a soft spot for them right through their Meadowbank Thistle days, and even in to their early Livingston days, before they made it up to the top division. Totally different entity nowadays though, and you have your own settled identity now.

Hearts 2 v 1 Livingston

18 hours ago, crispy said:

Hearts gave us a doing at Tynecastle but if i remember rightly it was something like our 3rd game in 7 days (which included at least one of the Old Firm) whereas Hearts had an 8 day rest. Feel this could go either way.

That was also while Martindale insisted on Shinnie up front because it worked against Celtic (then didn't against Rangers).

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Fitzwater  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Holt  -  Omeonga

Forrest  -  Anderson  -  Nouble

Would love to win this but we don't usually do the Scottish Cup and it feels a bit weird that I'm even slightly optimistic about this. 2-0 Hearts. 

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Fitzwater  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Holt  -  Omeonga

Forrest  -  Anderson  -  Nouble

See the source image

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It's the Scottish Cup, we will lose.

Seems like Martindale will make a few changes for this, based on his comments after the Ross County game.

It's Neilson in the cup. It balances itself out.

Being at home helps, but we've got plenty reasons to be fearful here as you've been one of the form teams since the winter break and we seem to have lost all structure to our play over the last 10 days.

10 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It's the Scottish Cup, we will lose.

Seems like Martindale will make a few changes for this, based on his comments after the Ross County game.

Chuck up front, Maley in goals?

Or maybe the changes he'll make is actually playing Nouble in his best position, after moving him out wide later in the game and seeing the huge difference it made.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Or maybe the changes he'll make is actually playing Nouble in his best position, after moving him out wide later in the game and seeing the huge difference it made.

Difficulty being that I don't think Forrest is as good on the right as he is on the left. Maybe nullify him a bit by playing Nouble. Definitely a good dilemma to have.

Big Handsome Seb Soto to start, imo.

46 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Difficulty being that I don't think Forrest is as good on the right as he is on the left. Maybe nullify him a bit by playing Nouble. Definitely a good dilemma to have.

Big Handsome Seb Soto to start, imo.

Saw his picture today, for the first time. Fucking swoon btw.

League is still the priority for me. I see this as a free hit and one where weve a genuine chance of going through.Despite their current form,I darent write Hearts off.Their at home and imo will be favourites, but its a one off and I really hope the Lions have a real go here.First goal will be crucial, and hopefully its us that gets it.Good luck Livi. 🤞🏆👊🦁.

1 minute ago, Troy.1995 said:

League is still the priority for me. I see this as a free hit and one where weve a genuine chance of going through.Despite their current form,I darent write Hearts off.Their at home and imo will be favourites, but its a one off and I really hope the Lions have a real go here.First goal will be crucial, and hopefully its us that gets it.Good luck Livi. 🤞🏆👊🦁.

I like the spirit of this. No “diets” or “wee ****” pish. The spirit of how it should be between clubs with no historical or manufactured grievances. 

It’s interesting too, because for us the cup is probably the priority just now. Hopefully that plays a part and takes us over the line of what is a tough fixture for us.

All the best.

HHGH