Hearts v Livi

thruthenight

6 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

And generally when the other team has 18 shots and 15 corners or so you've used a bit of luck not to concede. 

Where was the luck? Happy to be proven wrong but I think the term you're looking for is "good defending"

14 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

And generally when the other team has 18 shots and 15 corners or so you've used a bit of luck not to concede. 

I thought the only bit of luck they needed was the ref missing a penalty on Boyce.  Other than that they defended well and restricted us to not many clear chances.

Why you'd want to play for penalties from the first minute is a different story given they weren't very good at them

28 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Where was the luck? Happy to be proven wrong but I think the term you're looking for is "good defending"

Good defending when you let the other team have 18 shots? 

The other poster suggests livi were unlucky, my main point was they weren't. 

Exactly.See Dr death Scrutinizor is back with us after a defeat.Only time he offers a damning critique.Livi fans know better.Ignore his pathetic summaries as we usually do.We know where our priorities lie.And were on course to give him or her a severe kick where it hurts.Lets see his comments end of the season.I suspect not.

9 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Just in case you didn't notice, it was actually Livi who came closest to scoring during the game.

😂 You parked the bus and played for penalties, it nearly worked. 

The better team won, albeit we were less than impressive. 

Boring as f**k.

If I was a Livi fan, I'd be asking why they never showed any ambition at any point during the 120 minutes.

Hearts were fucking piss poor and there was no reason why Livi couldn't have won the game. They treated us like Real Madrid.

Hearts were shite today, but Livi got what they deserved for their approach. Really poor and deservedly oot the cup.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Hearts fans on here seem to be pretty negative. You're comfortably 3rd in the league and you managed to beat our press today better than any other team in the league this season.

Still, it's a little bit of an opportunity missed. Pitts hitting the post, Anderson not passing the fucking ball (which was dumb after him whineing at Forrest last week) and an I'm not sure if it was actually offside goal were a little frustrating, but tbf Hearts probably still shaded it.

Ah well. Maybe next year we'll get somewhere in the Scottish

2 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

Good defending when you let the other team have 18 shots? 

The other poster suggests livi were unlucky, my main point was they weren't. 

How many were on target?

Max had feckall to do till very late on 2nd half then made a good save, Gordon was beaten at the other end but it came off the post and back across the goal line. We had another in the net but it was offside, later the game got we were obv playing for pens but you're talking pish if you think that was the game plan from the start.

Anyway, we got closer than the last time we played Hearts at Tynnie in the cup, maybe we'll win the next one.

Good first 3 pens, Montano with the big curved run up had a miss all over it, and Gordon obv did his homework on Ayo, holding his nerve and not making a move till Ayo hit it, comfortable save. That's it for another season, hopefully we can push on and get a top 6 spot in the league, 

Hearts fans on here seem to be pretty negative. You're comfortably 3rd in the league and you managed to beat our press today better than any other team in the league this season.

We’ve had a dip in form in an otherwise good season so people are a bit grumpy

We’ll get over it

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Looks like a lot of empty seats at Tynecastle today.
Why?

Crowd was 12,000 and something.

Not a lot of enthusiasm around Hearts just now, and a home cup tie with Livi doesn't spark the fire.

And Livi brought less than one full upper section of fans.

Edited by VincentGuerin