Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

The Ukrainians killed another Russian general. I read somewhere, not sure how accurate this is, that of the twenty Russian generals running the invasion at the start four have been killed. That seems very high but I was listening to a great podcast by some Russian military analysts and one of the guys there said in Russian military doctrine generals are closer to the front than in the Western/NATO doctrine so they tend to lose more senior officers.

Thinking back, they lost a few high ranking people in Chechnya and one of the commanders of the Georgian War was pretty seriously wounded in an ambush so it probably stacks up.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Ukrainians killed another Russian general. I read somewhere, not sure how accurate this is, that of the twenty Russian generals running the invasion at the start four have been killed. 

Nobody should ever go to lead an invasion of another country and not come home.

The US and the UK are now sending switchblade drones and starstreak missiles apparently so it isn't going to get any easier for Vlad's army and airforce. Guess the cynical take would be that there are future weapons sales to be secured by demonstrating what they can do against Russian armaments at this point now it looks like Ukraine will be able to hold as it's not clear why they wouldn't have been made available initially otherwise. This could also be significant: