🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v Ayr Unytyd ⚪ ⚫

26 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I don’t get it.  Is the plane not owned by one of the directors?

Yes , it’s actually used for his business , he runs a business that flys clients to golf , poker competitions etc 

I personally have nothing against the board flying up. It's their money and they can do what they want with it. All I'm saying is some people might be wondering why they contribute financially to a player fund, when that money could be coming from directors who own an aircraft. It's just a wee point I thought I'd put out there.

ANYWAY, 2-1 Ayr and Smith to have a bottle of Bud a few thousand feet in the air fresh from a Tesco bag en route home.

A second-hand Piper Cherokee Six can be had for less than USD 100,000 I understand, the rub being it costs about the same per year in running costs to own one. It's like owning a classic Ferrari or a small yacht - a hobby that somebody compared to "standing under a cold shower tearing up £5 notes". But it is less high end than it may seem for successful business people.

But a single engine aircraft is not the safest mode of transport and the weather for Sunday's return trip is not the best, I just hope our Board don't make a habit of it as there is a big "key man" risk for the Club right there - our precious eggs in one basket. We don't want to be picking up the Ayrshire Post and reading about another Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha/Leicester City-type air crash on our hands

Safe travels everyone,; Board, team and fans. Would have been there with you, if I hadn't come down with bloody CV-19 yesterday.

COYA!

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

After seeing our starting 11 I’m fairly confident this has away win written all over. Our defence looks like a horror show.

I hope we just go for it and Harper is a left-back with Carson in midfield with Pearson up-front in a 4-3-3.  It's probably just some variation of 4-4-2 again though with Duffy at left-centre-back and Harper wide left.  Not sure where Chalmers fits into that unless it's some sort of diamond midfield with him as a 10 and McAlear sitting in-front of the back four.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

I personally have nothing against the board flying up. It's their money and they can do what they want with it. All I'm saying is some people might be wondering why they contribute financially to a player fund, when that money could be coming from directors who own an aircraft. It's just a wee point I thought I'd put out there.

ANYWAY, 2-1 Ayr and Smith to have a bottle of Bud a few thousand feet in the air fresh from a Tesco bag en route home.

Still don’t get your point re AU500 as the directors have not been slow in putting money in this season , but I will leave it at that 

24 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I hope we just go for it and Harper is a left-back with Carson in midfield with Pearson up-front in a 4-3-3.  It's probably just some variation of 4-4-2 again though with Duffy at left-centre-back and Harper wide left.  Not sure where Chalmers fits into that unless it's some sort of diamond midfield with him as a 10 and McAlear sitting in-front of the back four.

I’ve got it as a 4-2-3-1 with the least creative player in the world, Sutherland, as the number 10.