Friday Night Craporama - Hamilton Academical -vs- Inverness Caledonian Thistle

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I thought he was purely a centre mid being asked to play right back like Carson, didn’t know that right back was of his “positions” before tonight, apologies. 

Your second point, based on tonight I 100% agree. 

I could also be wrong tbf, I’d just heard he could do both!

Fulton was motm for me, a few outstanding saves
Yes the correct answer. Hilton's not done much wrong, much less than Fulton has this season, but Fulton was excellent tonight.

I didn't think we were particularly good. Too easy to play through in the second half, too reliant on Kennedy in the first, and we just looked completely blunt as Inverness dropped a bit deeper.

Did that really come across as a decent game on TV? I thought it was guff, especially the first 60 or 70 minutes. 

Accies had the better of the first half but I think we definitely had the second half in the bag. Shame we can't finish a chance to save ourselves as we must have passed up 4 or 5 great chances with the scores level to grab what would have been a vital 3 points. Dodds was still going on about a title push which was a deluded fantasy even before the result last night.

Hyde did well, as mentioned already, considering it was his first league start (I think) for us. He did struggle to begin with but Pearson worked well on the right to cover defensively against Kennedy and once Hyde found his feet Kennedy was the non entity he usually is. Samuels was really poor again. I know his "cross" set up the equaliser but there is no way he meant it. His pass was probably going out of play it was so badly hit. I don't know what his best position is and I don't think Dodds knows either. Broadfoot and Deas were pretty ropey at points each making errors that almost led to goals for Accies. Nice to see Doran back and I thought he did okay as a "10" last night. Biggest surprise was probably Sutherland looking useful when he came off the bench. I can't believe I am saying this but I thought we definitely looked better going forward when he came on.

Still wondering how Accies fans got a Morrison's trolley into the ground...

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

Did that really come across as a decent game on TV? I thought it was guff, especially the first 60 or 70 minutes. 

Accies had the better of the first half but I think we definitely had the second half in the bag. Shame we can't finish a chance to save ourselves as we must have passed up 4 or 5 great chances with the scores level to grab what would have been a vital 3 points. Dodds was still going on about a title push which was a deluded fantasy even before the result last night.

Hyde did well, as mentioned already, considering it was his first league start (I think) for us. He did struggle to begin with but Pearson worked well on the right to cover defensively against Kennedy and once Hyde found his feet Kennedy was the non entity he usually is. Samuels was really poor again. I know his "cross" set up the equaliser but there is no way he meant it. His pass was probably going out of play it was so badly hit. I don't know what his best position is and I don't think Dodds knows either. Broadfoot and Deas were pretty ropey at points each making errors that almost led to goals for Accies. Nice to see Doran back and I thought he did okay as a "10" last night. Biggest surprise was probably Sutherland looking useful when he came off the bench. I can't believe I am saying this but I thought we definitely looked better going forward when he came on.

Still wondering how Accies fans got a Morrison's trolley into the ground...

I thought so. Maybe I'm easy pleased.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Fair enough. I think my sense of what constitutes entertainment has been deadened over the last few months :( 

It may be easier enjoying a game where you don't really care who wins.