Pars vs Killie - 26th Feb

0-0 at half time.

We were a bin that half, a dog shit bin.

We recorded a grand total of zero efforts at goal that half (not just on goal, but attempts in general). What the f**k is our game plan here? What is the tactic(s)? How are we supposed to be attacking? We sat so deep so often that half that we could've waved to Jules Verne.

Where is the urgency? Where is the realisation of how deep in trouble we are?

This set up isn't working. Where the f**k is Dom Thomas? Although would he make a difference? After all, you need the ball to make a difference, and Dow and Lawless have barely touched it this half. Why aren't we getting it out wide more/at all? Why are we so slow at going forward? Why do we persist with long balls up the pitch?

Kilmarnock must be disappointed, as they've been poor. If they were even remotely decent here they would be winning by at least two goals. They're targeting Todd and getting some success, but not really doing anything with it.

Pars TV has been utter pish yet again. They've left the microphones open at half time, meaning the half time interview is so hard to follow as the mics are picking up the stadium announcer and general noise. Amatuer doesn't begin to cover how bad they are. They need replaced.

We are pish but actually think we've tried to play a bit of football while Killie look a lot more direct. I take it Ladferty also has a coaching role with his famous "forearm first" jumping technique being used by all their players. Stream disappeared for a wee while but from what I saw it was two pish teams and there won't be many goals if any; of course that means we are going to lose 1-0 to a scrappy, in off Ambrose's arse goal near the end. League One here we come.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

We recorded a grand total of zero efforts at goal that half (not just on goal, but attempts in general).

McCann took a shot from the edge of the box that the defender blocked almost as soon as it was hit and Dorrans has a shot which he ended up sclaffing because the Kilmarnock player pulled his arm back but the referee either didn't see it or thought it wasn't worth a free kick. It's not great I grant you, and other than those and McCann (I think) getting down the right and cutting it behind Lawless, I can't think if anything we've created. Killie have at least forced a couple of corners and had that free kick straight at the keeper but they've not exactly been battering our end either. It's been a  pish game between two pish teams but then how often could that have been said this season?

Should have won that tbh, second half nobody could have complained if we'd managed to sneak it. Looked like a great save onto the bar but anywhere else and it goes in. Unsurprisingly looked a bit better once DT23 came on and for his difficult first half I didn't even realise it was Todd and not Comrie at right back. McCann clearly isn't the answer though and Dow was well off it today again. And a pish stream that kept zooming in too close, kept crashing and missed a few incidents bizarrely looking at players injured or warming up.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Should have won that tbh, second half nobody could have complained if we'd managed to sneak it. Looked like a great save onto the bar but anywhere else and it goes in. Unsurprisingly looked a bit better once DT23 came on and for his difficult first half I didn't even realise it was Todd and not Comrie at right back. McCann clearly isn't the answer though and Dow was well off it today again. And a pish stream that kept zooming in too close, kept crashing and missed a few incidents bizarrely looking at players injured or warming up.

I would have complained if you’d have won that. Bitterly. 

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

3 shots on goal and NONE on target do you really believe Dunfermline should have won ?

Thomas and O’Hara were on the pitch for the least amount of time, but contributed more in their short time on the park than any of their 11 teammates did todays. They have to start next week. We looked so much better with them on the park. McCann was poor and so were the 3 in behind him. Dow, Dorrans and Lawless all had really poor games. Really unlucky with the Ambrose(?) chance that hit the bar. Was a great ball in from Thomas.

Donaldson and Ambrose looked fine at CB and kept Lafferty quiet. Although Donaldson was lucky to get away with shoving Lafferty to the ground, when he’d already been booked. Keeper made good saves and is a massive upgrade on our other options.

Todd was ok at RB, he seemed to keep finding space when we had the ball, but forgetting to track back. Hopefully Comrie stays fit and free of suspension for the next 10 games.

Killie’s constant diving, surrounding the ref after every foul and time wasting was embarrassing though. Imagine outspending the rest of the league and resorting to punts up the park, diving (3 times I counted inside the box) and crying to the ref all game. Are they that pathetic every week? A decent manager would have that squad comfortably top of the league, but they didn’t even seem interested in trying to play football.

Draw was a fair result. Neither team deserved anything from that game. Both teams seemed set up to play for 0-0 from the first minute. Awful stuff.