Pars vs Killie - 26th Feb

3 shots on goal and NONE on target do you really believe Dunfermline should have won ?

If it wasn’t for the ‘nobody could have complained’ part, I’d agree with him. We definitely should have scored the one that came back off the bar and possibly should have done better with a couple of other chances. However, I’d point out that our keeper made a couple of decent saves, so I’d say a draw was fair.

On the balance of play, I wouldn’t say we deserved to win at all. But we could and maybe should have stolen a win late on, when we finally started trying to attack. I honestly think that’s largely the same point that he was trying to make, but I’d say that we would have stolen/snatched 2 points if we had, rather than it being deserved based on the performance. Both teams seemed to settle for a draw for the vast majority of the game.

23 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Killie’s constant diving, surrounding the ref after every foul and time wasting was embarrassing though. Imagine outspending the rest of the league and resorting to punts up the park, diving (3 times I counted inside the box) and crying to the ref all game. Are they that pathetic every week?

That’s how he got his Aberdeen teams to play and it truly pissed me off too when having to watch it, but to be honest I think the fans are just happy that the team is now showing some passion and indulging more in the dark side of the game. That said, the performance today was utter shite, and must be improved on.

51 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

3 shots on goal and NONE on target do you really believe Dunfermline should have won ?

I mean the keeper brilliantly saved one that he tipped onto the bar, so I'm not sure where the bo shots on target come from? Thomas should have done a lot better with his chance mind you. Don't know if that's just lack of match sharpness. And while we didn't create an awful lot, we looked like the team wanting to win the game whereas Killie looked happy to take the point and I guess hope that Arbroath run out of steam? Not a classic and a draw is fair enough but should have capitalised on another bad day at the office for McInnes's men. IMO, of course. 

36 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

If it wasn’t for the ‘nobody could have complained’ part, I’d agree with him. We definitely should have scored the one that came back off the bar and possibly should have done better with a couple of other chances. However, I’d point out that our keeper made a couple of decent saves, so I’d say a draw was fair.

On the balance of play, I wouldn’t say we deserved to win at all. But we could and maybe should have stolen a win late on, when we finally started trying to attack. I honestly think that’s largely the same point that he was trying to make, but I’d say that we would have stolen/snatched 2 points if we had, rather than it being deserved based on the performance. Both teams seemed to settle for a draw for the vast majority of the game.

Aye, for sure. Usually in a game like today's I'd expect us to sit deeper and deeper and I'd be watching the resultant onslaught through my fingers. Not today though, Killie didn't seem to be going all out to win the game (maybe worried we'd hit them on the break as O'Hara did when doing everything right apart from finding a man) whereas we had a lot more possession in their half in the second 45.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Exactly correct 2 teams cancelling each other out a poor game to watch. Best of luck for the rest of the season hope you stay up.

Surprised how down some pars fans are on that.  Yes there’s pressure to win games just now but we were competitive today,  Todd did ok at right back, but I’ll be glad to get Comrie in there next week.

Also surprised Dow is being criticized, I thought he had a good game 🤷‍♂️ 

DT23 showed why he should be first pick, slightly lacked sharpness but far too talented to be sitting on the bench,  he will win us games.

Edited by parsforlife

56 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Best of luck for the rest of the season hope you stay up.

You're not wanting Queens to go down are you?! I'm feeling quite hurt 😪 . I'll be having words with my Killie cousins - get the New Farm Loch mob onto you 🤣

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
We certainly don't play like a team fighting to stay up.

Disagree, felt we played well 2nd half. Saw plenty of positives.

We seem to be a one team half at the moment, whereby we will be shite one half and ok/decent/good in the other.

To me, being acceptable in only one half isn't good enough.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Donaldson and Chalmers really good today. Wish we'd went either Yogi at the start of the season.

I disagree here. Hughes is a fraud. He talks about passing football but he's the biggest long ball merchant I've seen at East End since Davie Hay. Hughes is taking us down and I worry about his ability to get us back up. 

There is an argument that if he was appointed in the summer then he wouldn't have signed such an abysmal squad, which is probably true to an extent, but then he signed McCann, Todd and Allan to 2 year deals recently, and he starts McCann every game and starter Todd at right back today.

The same morons who appointed Grant have compounded their stupidity with the appointment of Hughes, who was a lazy, incompetent, contradictory appointment.

Thought Todd was absolutely fine at right back today but find it wild to suggest Martin was the 3rd pick to fill in there due to an apparent lack of pace.

Felt it was poetic justice that Lafferty went off injured just after I think he should have been sent off.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Thought Todd was absolutely fine at right back today but find it wild to suggest Martin was the 3rd pick to fill in there due to an apparent lack of pace.

Felt it was poetic justice that Lafferty went off injured just after I think he should have been sent off.

Todd was ok(ish) defensively, but didn't offer what Comrie does offensively.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Todd was ok(ish) defensively, but didn't offer what Comrie does offensively.

There was a few times when he was the best option and was passed up inexplicably. But agree not the same, I would say some of that is down to him not have much experience there. Also some of the times he did get the ball in the wide areas and he didn't deliver like Comrie would.

Todd lacks quality but his commitment and effort are never in doubt. Did fairly well actually considering Killie targeted him most of the game.

In amazing that, Martin surely has to start there if he's fit enough. Maybe he's been protected after such a long lay off.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Todd lacks quality but his commitment and effort are never in doubt. Did fairly well actually considering Killie targeted him most of the game.

In amazing that, Martin surely has to start there if he's fit enough. Maybe he's been protected after such a long lay off.

Apparently Jones was first choice to fill in then Todd and then Martin. Which seems bizzare.

57 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

One of the most atrocious games of football I’ve ever had the misfortune of witnessing.

Two utterly dreadful teams doing absolutely nothing of note for 90+ minutes with not a hint of talent on display.

Pitiful.

It really was an awful game of football though I have seen much worse and that is just this season! @Cardle is Magic must not have seen much football at this level if that was the worst ever.