Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

45 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The preceding decade was a blip where perennial shite AFC managed to capitalise on a few bigger clubs suffering. Before your (actually very cringey) shite period of mediocrity (one league cup) you were dire for a decade or so.

If you don’t go down through the play offs this season, I see it happening in the next couple of years. It won’t be through a points deduction nor an early finish to the season either. 😎

At least you're giving us a chance of the play offs - which is more than you managed.

30 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

“Since 1960”… nothing even slightly selective about that. 🤣

Aberdeen have been utter garbage for the vast majority of their existence. 

It doesn’t matter how you try and dress it all up, AFC are a shit wee club who fluked a great manager and skewed their history and achievements off the back of it.

The rest of Aberdeen’s history is that of a silly wee club with a future of 10k home crowds max.

You had your chance after years of being utter garbage. You win a league cup. We move on… good luck. 😎

I’ve seen Hearts win the Scottish Cup three times, and finish second once in the selective period you cite. I’ve also seen us compete in the group stages of the UEFA Cup, and finish third back to back seasons.

Aberdeen should have been relegated at least once in that time. 

Aberdeen are really quite tragic, and their desperate attempts to suck up to Hibs make them even funnier. 😎

Why's that then? Just because...

4 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Hearts were quite successful in the 1800s before most of the big clubs came about dontchaknow....

However not so successful since, especially after 1903, seems to be when their jealousy started....

Always a good laugh though...

Oh I don’t know. We did pretty well in the 1950s and the first part of the 60s. In my own lifetime we have won the Scottish Cup in my teens, twenties and thirties, and we have a vastly better record than your team in the league. In my lifetime Aberdeen had a wee brief spell in the eighties, and an underwhelming run this century that has just ended. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Kyle Reese

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Oh I don’t know. We did pretty well in the 1950s and the first part of the 60s. In my own lifetime we have won the Scottish Cup in my teens, twenties and thirties, and we have a vastly better record than your team in the league. In my lifetime Aberdeen had a wee brief spell in the eighties, and an underwhelming run this century that has just ended. 🤷‍♂️

Not above us ONCE in over a decade before this season .. 

55 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

“Since 1960”… nothing even slightly selective about that. 🤣

Aberdeen have been utter garbage for the vast majority of their existence. 

It doesn’t matter how you try and dress it all up, AFC are a shit wee club who fluked a great manager and skewed their history and achievements off the back of it.

The rest of Aberdeen’s history is that of a silly wee club with a future of 10k home crowds max.

You had your chance after years of being utter garbage. You win a league cup. We move on… good luck. 😎

I’ve seen Hearts win the Scottish Cup three times, and finish second once in the selective period you cite. I’ve also seen us compete in the group stages of the UEFA Cup, and finish third back to back seasons.

Aberdeen should have been relegated at least once in that time. 

Aberdeen are really quite tragic, and their desperate attempts to suck up to Hibs make them even funnier. 😎

Aberdeen won 10 of their 19 honours during the fergie era and 9 outwith.

Hertz won 7 of their 16 during the terrible trio era again leaving 9 outwith.

So if Aberdeen have been crap most of their existence them Hertz have been worse as they had 30 extra seasons to amass their total.

I will be 60 this year and during that time the Don's have won 16 trophies to Hertz 4.

Hertz good in the 50s irrelevant ever since

I’ve already conceded that you managed a pretty underwhelming purple patch this last ten years or so. Well done. 👍😄

Underwhelming yet more consistent league finishes than your club have managed in 5 of the last 6 decades 

What does that say for your yo yo club? 

1 minute ago, Dubford don said:

Aberdeen won 10 of their 19 honours during the fergie era and 9 outwith.

Hertz won 7 of their 16 during the terrible trio era again leaving 9 outwith.

So if Aberdeen have been crap most of their existence them Hertz have been worse as they had 30 extra seasons to amass their total.

I will be 60 this year and during that time the Don's have won 16 trophies to Hertz 4.

Hertz good in the 50s irrelevant ever since

We have won the Scottish cup in every one of the last three decades. Aberdeen have done f**k all in that time. You won a league cup when three bigger teams were in bother recently… it’s not something to try and use as a bragging right. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think that's what you have termed a "blip".

In my own lifetime we have won the Scottish Cup in my teens, 20s and 30s. (And not get relegated.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

7 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Holy shit you’re at least in your thirties 

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Underwhelming yet more consistent league finishes than your club have managed in 5 of the last 6 decades 

What does that say for your yo yo club? 

We were better in the 90s and 00s in the league. We won the Scottish Cup in the 90s, 00s and 10s. In that same time period Aberdeen have been consistently poorer than us overall and have won less trophies and amassed less points. We have also been in European group stages.

Lets not pretend Aberdeen have been good between better between the Fergie era and the wee mediocre period that has just ended. 😄

We have won the Scottish cup in every one of the last three decades. Aberdeen have done f**k all in that time. You won a league cup when three bigger teams were in bother recently… it’s not something to try and use as a bragging right. 

I suppose it nearly makes up for not winning it for 50 years.

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

We were better in the 90s and 00s in the league. We won the Scottish Cup in the 90s, 00s and 10s. In that same time period Aberdeen have been consistently poorer than us overall and have won less trophies and amassed less points. We have also been in European group stages.

Lets not pretend Aberdeen have been good between better between the Fergie era and the wee mediocre period that has just ended. 😄

Regale us more of the tales of the ‘back to back third place finishes’ you’ve had the privilege of witnessing.