Stenhousemuir -v- Kelty Hearts

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen people describe this game as a "free hit" for Stenhousemuir but give our recent form, I'd like to think we have a decent chance to taking something from this match, especially given the fact we could go into fourth place with a win. Kelty Hearts are a very good side and will win the championship with ease but they don't appear to be as fluent as they were earlier in the campaign if their recent scorelines are a sufficient barometer.

I said in the Stirling Albion matchday thread that Stephen Swift can perhaps overthought his personnel and tactics at times and I hope he'll keep it simple and revert to the successful 4-3-1-2 formation that saw him win the Manager of the Month for February. Adam Brown deserves to start after his winning goal at the weekend, and I'd suggest it's at the expense of Ross Forbes, who was rotten when he came on. I'd also keep Euan O'Reilly and Darren Christie on the sidelines - O'Reilly seems out of sorts and might not even be fit for the game, while Christie always seems to be better coming off the bench.

Go with:

- Tam Orr - Robert Thomson -

- Adam Brown -

- Mikey Miller - Nat Wedderburn - Mikey Anderson -

- Callum Yeats - Sean Crighton - Nicky Jamieson - Adam Corbett -

- David Wilson -

We'll have to play to capacity and hope that Kelty have an off-day if we're to get the better of them but why not! Good luck to all concerned tonight.

Aye the team picks itself really only Brown or Forbes in the ten the place up for grabs.

If we could muster anything from this game it would be quite a bonus with Peter returning for the weekend as we reach the final push.

Bite yer hand off for a point. As Neilly said no Peter really does dilute our chances, however they can be got at. League is sewn up and they have had a few losses in last cpl month away from home so it's not inconceivable we could inflict another but it's just as likely they could turn up and see us off without a trouble. Will be an interesting watch one way or another.

I went along to this and thought it was a really good game. There weren’t too many clear chances for either side but the game was played at a good tempo, I can’t really remember a time when the game slowed down for more than a few minutes. The late goal was very harsh on Stenhousemuir, who more than held their own and were worthy of a point, but that’s why being able to bring on someone like Nathan Austin is a luxury most teams at this level can’t compete with. 

I thought Nicky Jamieson was well worth his man of the match award. I’ll need to see the goal back to see how much, if at all, either Jamieson or Crighton were at fault but I thought both were excellent tonight. Strong in the air, kept their shape well and were exactly what you want from League Two centre backs. I was pleased to see Crighton play so well, his form dropped off a cliff last season and he was pretty poor when I saw Stenhousemuir earlier this season, but he looked back to his old self tonight. I’m not his biggest fan but Adam Brown made a difference when he came on, Ross Forbes didn’t really offer much going forward and Brown is at least more mobile. Stenhousemuir’s biggest problem was their final ball. The few times they got into good areas, generally through Orr getting in behind, the ball either fell awkwardly or they lacked the numbers in support to really cause Kelty problems. If they play like that for the rest of the season then I fancy them to make the top four but I’m not sure they’ll have enough to do more than that.

It was my first time seeing Kelty and they looked like a solid team who’ll be absolutely fine in League One next season. I don’t think they’re as good as Cove or Airdrie but I’d fancy them to finish ahead of Falkirk and possibly Queen’s Park, so with a few improvements over the summer they should do well. Agyeman struggled to make an impact against Crighton and Jamieson but Kelty looked a lot more dangerous when Austin came on. He only got in behind the defence a couple of times but he always looked dangerous when he did and obviously popped up when it mattered right at the end, though it may have been offside. I thought Ngwenya was their best player, a real threat going forward and him and Cardle gave Corbett a really tough night, though to be fair to Corbett it doesn’t help when you have a midfield diamond and only Ross Forbes for protection in front of you.

12 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Well deserved victory tonight

I had left before the goal went in but there certainly seemed to only be one winner throughout.

Tam Orr had a good showing though apart from the shot where he should have squared it for a tap in but you can see why he's scored so many.

Is Adam Corbett always played at right back? Transfermarkt has him listed as a central defender. I thought he done well at times but you could see that he was hesitant and wasn't sure when to go forward. He also did get dragged inside a few times but I think that was more to do with the movement of the Kelty forwards.