Saints v Motherwell, Saturday 19th March

7 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Can we please all agree that Alexander needs to go now please ? McGhee and Robinson both went after a run like this. 

I think all the fans are in agreement now. The management however....

Well the next Well Society meeting is going to be spicy if he's still in charge.

1 hour ago, Ill Ray said:

You’re just out for a reaction or your takes on football are in dire need of a shake. A header and a good strike neither of which were his fault. 

Watching on Sportscene - both I am wanting my goalie to save - second he becomes smaller when he jumps

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

Back three defended well particularly McCart who I think had been our second best of player since Kelty.

My thoughts as well. I remember watching as he walked up the steps at FT at kelty and some Saints fan ran up and shouted right in his face “get yourself to f**k McCart” thinking why would he want to turn things around for folk that go on like that, but he’s been excellent since then.  

Edited by PauloPerth

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

Alexander's comments after the game about being "too open" would send shivers down my spine if I was a Motherwell fan. Assume he must of recoiled in horror too when his players were trying to get Davidson sent off after his comments last week.

I see hes also claiming Motherwell were dominant for the entire second half, they had a couple of great chances in the second half because they were pushing really well for a winner, and that we never looked like we could win the game at any point so even a draw would've been a harsh result for them.

I know managers need to fight a sort of PR battle all the time, but I'm not sure waffling transparent bullshit does anything but piss off fans further.

My thoughts as well. I remember watching as he walked up the steps at FT at kelty and some Saints fan ran up and shouted right in his face “get yourself to f**k McCart” thinking why would he want to turn things around for folk that go on like that, but he’s been excellent since then.  

The Kelty game has been a turning point. McCart and Crawford have stepped up since.

Ciftci though, I’d tear the contract up now.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see hes also claiming Motherwell were dominant for the entire second half, they had a couple of great chances in the second half because they were pushing really well for a winner, and that we never looked like we could win the game at any point so even a draw would've been a harsh result for them.

I know managers need to fight a sort of PR battle all the time, but I'm not sure waffling transparent bullshit does anything but piss off fans further.

I think most Motherwell fans worked out months ago his pre and post match interviews are an exercise in futility and best avoided.

Absolute delusional bullshit of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The Kelty game has been a turning point. McCart and Crawford have stepped up since.

I think a settled back 3 has helped everyone in defence tbf. Can build relationships and trust, which leads to better defensive performances, which gives everyone confidence. I still think McCarts head was turned by Hibs last season too tbh.

Crawford got a huge confidence boost when Davidson refused to replace him in January, but knows hes not getting another chance at it if he doesn't step up. Presses a lot better now and again, better players beside him are helping. He still doesn't get involved enough on the ball for me, but hes no longer a disaster.

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I think most Motherwell fans worked out months ago his pre and post match interviews are an exercise in futility and best avoided.

Absolute delusional bullshit of the highest order.

Aye I avoid Davidsons for the same reasons tbh, but Alexander always seemed a "no bullshit" kind of guy.

That interview, plus his treatment of players who "don't do what he wants", are similar red flags we got with Davidson before this season.