Cowdenbeath -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 19 March 2022)

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

We aren't though. If we get in there we will probably win them. We have scuddied Forfar and Annan all season and are unbeaten against both. 9th in the league above will be a canter.

Do we deserve to get there though if all we can muster is a draw against ten men Edinburgh and that vile performance yesterday against a rugby team?

Probably not.

Maybe just poor against us in the 4 games then.

I can honestly say you are the side have been least impressed with against us.

One thing from yesterday the keeper is a massive improvement on the 2 you had before.

Annan should and probably deserve to win the play off.

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maybe just poor against us in the 4 games then.

I can honestly say you are the side have been least impressed with against us.

One thing from yesterday the keeper is a massive improvement on the 2 you had before.

Annan should and probably deserve to win the play off.

All valid points I can't disagree with.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Absolutely nobody said it was. For the type of side Cowdenbeath are I thought they deserved to win the game.

Definitely will be in with a shout of top four in Lowland League. It should be wide open once Bonnyrigg go up.

A lot of presumptions going on there Neilly 🤣

Bit like the Stenny fans before the game yesterday 

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Absolutely nobody said it was. For the type of side Cowdenbeath are I thought they deserved to win the game.

Definitely will be in with a shout of top four in Lowland League. It should be wide open once Bonnyrigg go up.

Problem is, the teams from the WoSFL can now enter the Lowland League. I would expect Auchinleck or Pollock to dominate it next season.

Also, although I expected Bonnyrigg to win the Lowland League and make the play-off final, I have a sneaky feeling that the Highland League winners this year will make the play-off final. Probably not as strong as Bonnyrigg, but I think they might just have a bit of luck and make it through. Think it will be Buckie.

1 hour ago, big al said:

A lot of presumptions going on there Neilly 🤣

Bit like the Stenny fans before the game yesterday 

Again just making things up.

Pretty much any fan I know and spoke to yesterday before the game thought it had banana skin written all over it.

no wonder cowden are rock bottom with a pitch like that.  neither team can pass there way forward towards goal its hoof it long and hope it falls for you on a run through the middle, or kick it to touch and try a long throw in. playing on that every other week would destroy anyone.

we seem to always struggle on a heavy grass pitch but when its rutted and the grass is long we're rubbish and resort to going over the top.

that surface will fit right in the lowland league next season

no wonder cowden are rock bottom with a pitch like that.  neither team can pass there way forward towards goal its hoof it long and hope it falls for you on a run through the middle, or kick it to touch and try a long throw in. playing on that every other week would destroy anyone.
we seem to always struggle on a heavy grass pitch but when its rutted and the grass is long we're rubbish and resort to going over the top.

Stenny struggle on a grass pitch? Says it all.

1 hour ago, Burnsythebinman said:

Last sentence the comment of a Lowland League expert.(not) A person who does not even have the courage to name his team.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

10 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Stenny struggle on a grass pitch? Says it all.

Only been beaten once on grass this season in the league (Stranraer away) so we aren't as bad on the surface as is being made up here.

I note from the league table the top five play on astroturf and the bottom five play on grass. Not that it means anything abviously but funny how it's worked out that way.

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Only been beaten once on grass this season in the league (Stranraer away) so we aren't as bad on the surface as is being made up here.

I note from the league table the top five play on astroturf and the bottom five play on grass. Not that it means anything abviously but funny how it's worked out that way.

An interesting observation re the placings and pitches.

We've been poor against Cowden this season and I suspect Stranraer fans are wondering why Stenhousemuir are not bottom of the pile with a nadir Shire type total. 

With so few games against each other, we'll all have false persepectives of the other teams true ability. For example, I can't believe we're below Forfar and Annan based on how they've performed against us.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

always felt like we were struggling on turf but i take your point

12 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

We've been poor against Cowden this season and I suspect Stranraer fans are wondering why Stenhousemuir are not bottom of the pile with a nadir Shire type total. 

With so few games against each other, we'll all have false persepectives of the other teams true ability. For example, I can't believe we're below Forfar and Annan based on how they've performed against us.

Aye, it certainly skews your perspective - for instance, Forfar Athletic are the worst side I've seen us play so far this season but they're obviously a good side. The league table doesn't lie!

I think we've given most of the sides in the division a decent go but we've been garbage against Cowdenbeath in three of those four encounters.