Bit Torrent?

I realise we have a thread on this topic every week, but I need a run down of what Bit Torrent actually is.

I've heard its better for, ahem, aquiring games and movies, than Limewire or whatever.

How does it work?

Is it easy to work?

Is it actually any good?

Is it fast?

How does it compare to Limewire?

Can I download music?

Whats the best program for it?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, i've downloaded the Bit Torrent client.

I'm trying to "get" GTA SA but it just has 0.0% and the Bit Torrent logo has a yellow and black striped bar across it, and when I hover over it it says "Firewalled/NATted" but i've not got my firewall switched on - what does NATted mean?

Never mind, Windows Firewall is on - bloody Bill Gates.

Use the Azureus client, and get the Autospeed plugin for it, which automatically regulates your download speed so you always get the fastest possible download speed.

www.torrentspy.com

www.mininova.org

www.thepiratebay.org

They're probably the best sites for torrents.

I need an idiots guide to making this thing go fast.

I'm only downloading at about 20-ish kb/s but i'm on a 2meg connection.

When I say idiots guide I mean it, don't baffle me with routers and shit - i need it step by step.

Your 2meg connection doesnt mean you will get 2meg download speeds on Bit Torrent. There are things you can do on your PC to try and make it faster, but your limited to the bandwidth of the hosts, the number of people downloading the file etc etc.

If you found the torrent on a popular site then 20kb isnt actually that bad, unfortunatly.

Archived