Hearts v Ross County

13 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He was on fire at the start of the season then he was in and out of the team with a calf problem and he’s struggled for form since coming back

This is Boyce. When he's on fire, he's absolutely lethal. When he isn't he almost an empty shirt. For example, in the cup final vs Hibs he was our worst player by a distance. Brian Graham coming on improved us massively and he is in no way a better player than Boyce.

14 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Boyce is an absolutely smashing player. I could name at least a half dozen players I'd see the arse of before him. Us Hearts fans though, we've got this disease. We crave strikers that can score goals. Crave them. Then when we get them, we call them c***s. Juanma, Isma, Boycie, we hardly knew ye. 

This tbh. Strikers at this level, even good ones, miss chances  if they didn't, they wouldn't be here. Boyce has more than enough in his game for him to be considered an excellent Hearts player, folk turning on him need their head seen to. And that's not aimed at anyone on here  but people in the crowd are getting louder and louder in their moaning at him, it's pish.

28 league appearances, 6 goals from open play for Boyce this season. Yes, penalties count the same but he's missed a few of those as well.

That's partly because of the system we've played for most of the season (I think all 6 of those goals have come when he's had another striker on the pitch with him) but he still has a habit of fluffing his lines when he gets the chance.

He's still a good player (most of the time) and I'm nowhere near suggesting we punt him. We'll need a bigger squad next season though and striker is a position I'd be looking to improve, even if we somehow keep Simms.

You'll all be not moaning later this month when Boyce wins you the cup, he likes playing against Rangers.  If you guys don't want him send him north please.  Boyce, Hungbo and RCC all up top would be utterly devastating.

I think it is safe to say if Hearts didn't have Craig Gordon this season we would have faired a lot better against Hearts, phenomenal what he can still do.