There was a coo

2 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

You deserve a detailed response !!

p.s. been impressed with the improvement onfield at Gretna this season. Been to a couple u20 games too, hopefully the senior team will benefit from these lads being in competitive games weekly. 

The u20's at both Lochar and Threave have been a success no reason same won't happen at Raydale. A big pat on the back to the club for showing the foresight to get involved with the WOSDFL. It is a great setup for these young lads.

16 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I would imagine the running costs of Beath, Berwick, Albion, Brechin would be a good deal greater than say Rose, Tranent, BU and Banks Dee; wrt the amount of staff employed against volunteers, directors as opposed to committee members, the day to day running costs of their grounds compared to clubs moving up from EOS and North Juniors, there may be other costs I am unaware of. 

Yes any business downsizing has to adjust, but a massive drop in revenue almost overnight is not an adjustment; it can only mean cuts across the board.

Could be talking oot ma erse of course, more than happy to be educated.

Someone can correct me if wrong, but am fairly certain that most or all non-football roles at Cowdenbeath that would have been a salaried position are now carried out by directors or other volunteers.

For example, there used to be a lady in the office who ran that, but there was no longer the funds to pay her after relegation so the admin and the dozens of jobs that entails are dealt with by one or more of the directors.

I believe even things like cleaning the dressing rooms and other tasks like that are also done by volunteers, when before someone was paid to help out part time.  Same with working the lounge and doing the hospitality before the match.

So there was massive adjustments that had to be made by the club, and I’m sure it was hugely challenging and still is.

For reasons like this I’m loathe to be critical at the people running the club when things are not going as well as we may like, as without the massive amount of time they give up, the club simply would not exist (and that probably goes for many other clubs as well).

43 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Someone can correct me if wrong, but am fairly certain that most or all non-football roles at Cowdenbeath that would have been a salaried position are now carried out by directors or other volunteers.

For example, there used to be a lady in the office who ran that, but there was no longer the funds to pay her after relegation so the admin and the dozens of jobs that entails are dealt with by one or more of the directors.

I believe even things like cleaning the dressing rooms and other tasks like that are also done by volunteers, when before someone was paid to help out part time.  Same with working the lounge and doing the hospitality before the match.

So there was massive adjustments that had to be made by the club, and I’m sure it was hugely challenging and still is.

For reasons like this I’m loathe to be critical at the people running the club when things are not going as well as we may like, as without the massive amount of time they give up, the club simply would not exist (and that probably goes for many other clubs as well).

That's my point about this badly thought out pyramid. The relegation leads to redundancies taking place as in other areas of employment. Folk don't think about the impact it can have on normal people.

All the best to all the demoted clubs and to their continuation in the game.