There was a coo

51 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maurice Ross now assistant manager to Charlie Adam at Fleetwood, perhaps a better suited role for him.

I’m glad he’s got himself a role, I agree it could be best for him to be an assistant.

You can all line up and call me nuts, but I still have a bit of a soft spot for Maurice (which considering his staunchness surprises me 😀), he had an almost impossible job last season starting from scratch.

His touchline antics will live long in the memory, though of course not always in a good way.

𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘
𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐋!!!
𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡

Did you attend a game in the 1970s as we battled in the big league?

Were you one of the Cowden supporters that descended on Alloa for the nail biting decider in 1992?

Did you cheer us on in our big promotion game vs Brechin City in 2001?

Were you there when the helicopter passed over the ground in 2006?

Did you attend matches during recent success as we climbed to the Championship? Did you witness the trophy presentations or the great escapes at East End Park and New Douglas Park?

If so, we would like you to help us to reunite on the 16th March at our home game vs our longstanding rivals Berwick Rangers. 

Can we fill Central Park like we did for the unforgettable moment against Elgin City and show what Cowdenbeath FC really means for our local community?

All ex-players and management will be welcomed back for this special occasion and will hopefully join fans before and after the game for some reminiscing. We will also introduce them at half time so we can show our appreciation. Some of the names will be shared on the lead up to the day.

Let's do this, let's fill Central Park again. Please share away, spread the work and help us to see all supporters back together again.

𝐖𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐖𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇!!!

Edited by silkybeath

On 31/12/2023 at 15:14, cowdenbeath said:

Maurice Ross now assistant manager to Charlie Adam at Fleetwood, perhaps a better suited role for him.

Aye, it ended well last time he had that role in England! The fella's a footballing fraud and will be found out as soon as his mates stop giving him work in the game. The phrase 'Jobs for the lads' springs to mind. Fleetwood now have two hopes of staying up. No hope, and Bob Hope. And Bob Hope's dead.

16 hours ago, silkybeath said:

𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘
𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐋!!!
𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡

Hmmm, it's my 6th anniversary of watching Cowden that weekend. And it's been a while since I've got to Central Park so I might have to make a trip up for this.

Hopefully attracts a good crowd. And it's not snowing again like that weekend I first visited!

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

Aye, it ended well last time he had that role in England! The fella's a footballing fraud and will be found out as soon as his mates stop giving him work in the game. The phrase 'Jobs for the lads' springs to mind. Fleetwood now have two hopes of staying up. No hope, and Bob Hope. And Bob Hope's dead.

I do think he's more cut out to being a coach.

Fleetwood are a basket case club they must be paying 3 management teams at once😀

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

Hmmm, it's my 6th anniversary of watching Cowden that weekend. And it's been a while since I've got to Central Park so I might have to make a trip up for this.

Hopefully attracts a good crowd. And it's not snowing again like that weekend I first visited!

Always a good day with Berwick hopefully they will still bring a few up despite their problems.

Really pleased with this, we have this basis of a very decent team already for next season. Just think Ewan needs to add a little composure in front of goal, but that aside, it’s a another great move by the club.

1 minute ago, cowden86 said:

Forecast is for Sun though so hopefully all will be well and the decision won't be taken too early in the morning as I think by 3pm the pitch would be ok.

There are covers down on the bits that dont get the sun so 🤞

12 minutes ago, cowden86 said:

Not been to your Stadium before - do you park at the Academy?

Yes. 2 car parks and a bus park there so loads of spaces and right beside ground.