There was a coo

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Big game tomorrow and hopefully get 3 points on the board. Last year at home gala drew with us and year before beat us. Gala off the back of a good point away to celtic B.

Maybe 1 player back in squad of the injuried lads and the captain will be playing for sure 😉 despite varying rumours.

Hopefully good turn out and get behind the team as said massive 3 points this early in season

Mon the coo.

Gregor Jordan got the winner when they beat us.

Just to lighten the mood a little, the club programme from season 2016/17 featured a series of articles that had little snippets from the minutes books from Cowden board meetings from mostly late 40’s/50’s, I think.

Lots of interesting wee bits of information, mostly the business of a football club that you would expect to find in records of board meetings.

The finest nugget though has to be this, were crisps considered subversive post war? 😀

IMG_5103.jpeg

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

An LL manager would always move on if they got the chance of an SPFL gig. Actually made a change someone moving up the way rather than us getting rid of some dud.

I understand someone moving but Calum needs to commit to a club at some point. I liked him in the early stages but don't think he has gone about things in the correct manner.

1 minute ago, silkybeath said:

I understand someone moving but Calum needs to commit to a club at some point. I liked him in the early stages but don't think he has gone about things in the correct manner.

For all we know he maybe had a clause allowing him to move to an SPFL. He's an ambitious guy, ambitious guys always move upwards if they get a chance.

All in the past and grateful for him sorting things out after what happened before him.

7 minutes ago, John S said:

A feature on Cowdenbeath on The Best of Saint and Greavsy today

Cheers. I still remember it well from the first time round. Used to watch St and Greavsie most Saturdays before heading off to a game. Good times 

Had most of the possession and chances but should have been 2-0 down when Gala missed a penalty and Cowden equalised very quickly after.

Had the strong wind behind us but don’t think it’s really much of a help.

Vital 45 minutes coming up, a win today is even more important when I realised we have East Kilbride next week. 😬

Going 2 nil down would have been as much a disaster as undeserved although the defending for their goal and to give away the pen was hilariously poor.

What was even more funny was the own goal though. Hope the guy is alright but that was an absolute belter. I hope he gets a goal bonus for it too.

All in all a good win. We were clearly the better side but cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't have more efforts from range in the first half.

Healy up top was excellent today but a few very solid performances over the squad. Chuffed.

Total domination second half, in truth we were the better team in the first half as well. Credit to Josh for dusting himself down after giving away the penalty to produce a great save (think he saved one at Gala last year as well?).

Could easily have scored 6 or 7, but will take that score all day long.

No arguments with man of the match, but I probably would have given it to Sam Newman who drove forward constantly or Jamie who was the most creative.  Also agree with previous post that big Daryl was excellent. He maybe doesn’t get that many goals, but is very effective, a bit like Dan Watt was in his time with us.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Going 2 nil down would have been as much a disaster as undeserved although the defending for their goal and to give away the pen was hilariously poor.

What was even more funny was the own goal though. Hope the guy is alright but that was an absolute belter. I hope he gets a goal bonus for it too.

All in all a good win. We were clearly the better side but cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't have more efforts from range in the first half.

Healy up top was excellent today but a few very solid performances over the squad. Chuffed.

The guy fractured his ankle he is not long back from a similar injury.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

The guy fractured his ankle he is not long back from a similar injury.

That's a real shame. Clearly landed awkwardly after his incredible finish.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cooden said:

It was a strange game! Cowden were really poor in the first half with the wind. At half time I thought we were going to get a doing. Second half 

I've noticed in the past we sometimes play better going into the wind, should have been ahead ay the break the keeper had a few decent saves, although i thought i felt we tried to walk the ball into the net at times.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Tough game on Tuesday evening against Albion Rovers away in the challenge cup. I don’t think there’s much between the two teams. It’ll be good financially to progress. Here’s hoping.