The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

I’m aware my opinion here is going to place me in the minority. But, I do feel that Veldman needs to be allowed to mould and shape this team to his design, and by this I mean, I think he deserves more time. 

Did Veldman write this? 

In all seriousness however, I count at least three games where bizzare substitutions and poor game management have cost us points. There’s a clear indication that he hasn’t learnt from his previous mistakes and that he’s throwing the players (perhaps rightly and wrongly) under the bus instead. 

Inverness will turn their slump around. Morton know how to grind a result out. Arbroath have just recently come out of a better spell of form. If Veldman is allowed to continue into January, you might as well start booking your train tickets to Cove, Alloa and Montrose for August. 

1 minute ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Did Veldman write this? 

In all seriousness however, I count at least three games where bizzare substitutions and poor game management have cost us points. There’s a clear indication that he hasn’t learnt from his previous mistakes and that he’s throwing the players (perhaps rightly and wrongly) under the bus instead. 

Inverness will turn their slump around. Morton know how to grind a result out. Arbroath have just recently come out of a better spell of form. If Veldman is allowed to continue into January, you might as well start booking your train tickets to Cove, Alloa and Montrose for August. 

Yes, I am Robin Veldman. 

16 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

In all seriousness however, I count at least three games where bizzare substitutions and poor game management have cost us points.

Whilst RV is accountable for tactics, game plans, subs etc. Isn’t a large part of game management down to the players on the pitch? RV isn’t a puppeteer, the bottom line is that 11 players on the pitch let a lead slip today. And whilst there were kids on the park at the time, Robson, Ferrie and Fox were all a key part of our team that fell of cliff during the business part of last season, and were also on the pitch from the moment we took the lead, until the final whistle. 

Now, I’m not for one minute saying that those 3 should have stopped us losing, but they are some of the experienced members of this team. I’d say that from a game management pov, I’m looking to those players to activate and help/support/guide the young team through those final 10 minutes. 

Agree with E&S and the vast majority of the posts on this thread since full time. The Post match videos have been released 🫣

Match highlights below (including the Rocky Horror show, last 5 minutes catastrophe)

There are quotes such as "its a man's game and playing like men". Alex Bannon also references this in his post-match video (also posted on U Tube).

Whilst I would never want anyone to lose their job, Robin must listen to advice over the next few days and realise that if he doesn't get some experience in and some tried and tested championship level players.................then he will not be here much longer to oversee the Journey and The Process. Despite how much in love with football and young players development a new coach can be, if you don't get results then you don't get the time to develop. It's like an enigma inside a conundrum. There has to be a balance. In saying that, some of the young squad players are giving it their best shot despite the managers mad mad substitutions yesterday, evident in a few other previous matches too ( Raith away and also starting 11 at Partick). Bringing in Barry Hepburn for Louis Longbridge is and will always weaken the team. Longridge busts a gut every game and gives 100%. Hepburn is still a prodigy who will never fulfil his potential until he gets serious about playing man's football. This is not BM under 19 standard with tippy tappy touch football and avoiding a hard tackle. He is treating the club and the team with great contempt for not giving his absolute best. He should be starring every week but fails to turn up and impact the game that you would naturally expect from a loanee from a European Giant.  I would give him 2 months to shape up or send him back to Munich. Healy is nowhere near ready and his lack of guts in getting back for the equalizer told me that , he is nowhere near ready based on the 4 or 5 times we have seen him play this season. Mauchin and Healy defending the right side is under 16 schoolboy tactics or desperate management decisions. And if its anything to do with data referred to in previous posts then pull the plug out of the machines and use your eyes and your gut to keep 3 good players ( 4 including Longridge) on the field and not weaken the team. Get the starting 11 fully fit for 90 minutes and only use the subs if there is a bad injury. Robin needs to get experienced level players lined up for January 2nd transfer window otherwise he won’t be around, and Queens Park will be in  relegation battle that could end badly. The BOD's also need to realise this and give the management a helping hand with some funding for the experienced players that are needed. The entire Queens Park support know this is required. Getting McKinstry fit and getting Grant Savoury back would be like 2 new / fresh players. A striker to help out Ruari Paton, some experience in midfield to hold the team together and finish / close out a game, a couple of "old heads" in the squad and on the bench to either make a difference as an impact substitute or to give experience to the young squad and show them how it’s done, how it’s played out at Championship level. A few more goals from other players is also wanted. Paton on 12, Turner on 5 and no-one else above 3. That’s not good enough from the other forwards and midfielders after 19 competitive games this season. We have shipped 27 goals in the league and another 5 in the cups. That’s 32 in 19 games or 2 goals per game. Does this signify a major defensive issue also ????. Well, I am glad that I off loaded that…..I’m away to apply for my UEFA B licence now 😊

Edited by It is our time to shine

Lots of chat, rightly, about game management and mad substitutions. Let’s not lose sight that this is 100% Bueker-ball, it’s not Veldman playing 4D chess.

Bueker’s process is literally to launch in players out of their depth to aid their development. This is what Veldman is being directly instructed to do. 

1 hour ago, It is our time to shine said:

Agree with E&S and the vast majority of the posts on this thread since full time. The Post match videos have been released 🫣

Match highlights below (including the Rocky Horror show, last 5 minutes catastrophe)

There are quotes such as "its a man's game and playing like men". Alex Bannon also references this in his post-match video (also posted on U Tube).

Whilst I would never want anyone to lose their job, Robin must listen to advice over the next few days and realise that if he doesn't get some experience in and some tried and tested championship level players.................then he will not be here much longer to oversee the Journey and The Process. Despite how much in love with football and young players development a new coach can be, if you don't get results then you don't get the time to develop. It's like an enigma inside a conundrum. There has to be a balance. In saying that, some of the young squad players are giving it their best shot despite the managers mad mad substitutions yesterday, evident in a few other previous matches too ( Raith away and also starting 11 at Partick). Bringing in Barry Hepburn for Louis Longbridge is and will always weaken the team. Longridge busts a gut every game and gives 100%. Hepburn is still a prodigy who will never fulfil his potential until he gets serious about playing man's football. This is not BM under 19 standard with tippy tappy touch football and avoiding a hard tackle. He is treating the club and the team with great contempt for not giving his absolute best. He should be starring every week but fails to turn up and impact the game that you would naturally expect from a loanee from a European Giant.  I would give him 2 months to shape up or send him back to Munich. Healy is nowhere near ready and his lack of guts in getting back for the equalizer told me that , he is nowhere near ready based on the 4 or 5 times we have seen him play this season. Mauchin and Healy defending the right side is under 16 schoolboy tactics or desperate management decisions. And if its anything to do with data referred to in previous posts then pull the plug out of the machines and use your eyes and your gut to keep 3 good players ( 4 including Longridge) on the field and not weaken the team. Get the starting 11 fully fit for 90 minutes and only use the subs if there is a bad injury. Robin needs to get experienced level players lined up for January 2nd transfer window otherwise he won’t be around, and Queens Park will be in  relegation battle that could end badly. The BOD's also need to realise this and give the management a helping hand with some funding for the experienced players that are needed. The entire Queens Park support know this is required. Getting McKinstry fit and getting Grant Savoury back would be like 2 new / fresh players. A striker to help out Ruari Paton, some experience in midfield to hold the team together and finish / close out a game, a couple of "old heads" in the squad and on the bench to either make a difference as an impact substitute or to give experience to the young squad and show them how it’s done, how it’s played out at Championship level. A few more goals from other players is also wanted. Paton on 12, Turner on 5 and no-one else above 3. That’s not good enough from the other forwards and midfielders after 19 competitive games this season. We have shipped 27 goals in the league and another 5 in the cups. That’s 32 in 19 games or 2 goals per game. Does this signify a major defensive issue also ????. Well, I am glad that I off loaded that…..I’m away to apply for my UEFA B licence now 😊

Longridge might burst a gut but produces zero. I would have MacPherson before him too. Hepburn needs to be more physical but what he offers technically for me out weights his lack of physicality. 

There was only one sub that cost us that game and that was Healy. 

And your reference to data - at the end of the day it’s goals that count no matter how much you burst a gut. 

3 hours ago, It is our time to shine said:

Bringing in Barry Hepburn for Louis Longbridge is and will always weaken the team. Longridge busts a gut every game and gives 100%. Hepburn is still a prodigy who will never fulfil his potential until he gets serious about playing man's football.

With all due respect to the other Championship sides, I think we’re now starting to see why Hepburn is with us, and not a 3. Bundesliga side for experience. 

If there was a game for Hepburn to come on and make an impact it was that one, where there was plenty space on the wings for him to charge into Instead he looked completely disinterested and was barely involved. I thought it was the right change at the time - fresh & energetic player charging at a tiring defence but he was extremely poor. He refused to track back also, leaving us exposed to the counter.

44 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

With all due respect to the other Championship sides, I think we’re now starting to see why Hepburn is with us, and not a 3. Bundesliga side for experience. 

If there was a game for Hepburn to come on and make an impact it was that one, where there was plenty space on the wings for him to charge into Instead he looked completely disinterested and was barely involved. I thought it was the right change at the time - fresh & energetic player charging at a tiring defence but he was extremely poor. He refused to track back also, leaving us exposed to the counter.

I agree that’s the game where he had plenty space to make an impact however to make an impact you need to get the ball. He hardly had any of the ball despite being in good positions for a pass, which happens quite regularly. 

He done fine yesterday, just didn’t produce anything magical like we know he can do but that wasn’t all on him.  I actually think he would be better playing at higher level, the style of football in the championship probably doesn’t suit him. 

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Lots of chat, rightly, about game management and mad substitutions. Let’s not lose sight that this is 100% Bueker-ball, it’s not Veldman playing 4D chess.

Bueker’s process is literally to launch in players out of their depth to aid their development. This is what Veldman is being directly instructed to do. 

As the public face of the first team, the manager is always going to take the flack, though. If you walk into a job, knowing that someone else is calling certain shots relating to tactics or selection, then I have limited sympathy. Why would you put yourself in that situation? 

On a positive note, I took my wee girl along for her first full game yesterday (she was at the first half of the 4-0 win against Hamilton last year) and she's been talking about how much she loved it and was asking this morning if she could "go to the football every day". Although I'm not sure if this means that I've inadvertently turned her into a Raith Rovers fan.

1 hour ago, MattyD said:

I agree that’s the game where he had plenty space to make an impact however to make an impact you need to get the ball. He hardly had any of the ball despite being in good positions for a pass, which happens quite regularly. 

He done fine yesterday, just didn’t produce anything magical like we know he can do but that wasn’t all on him.  I actually think he would be better playing at higher level, the style of football in the championship probably doesn’t suit him. 

Do you realise how everyone of your posts is all about Barry Hepburn? It’s getting a bit embarrassing tbh. If you’re personally acquainted please let him know we’re sorry QP aren’t good enough for him and we won’t hold him back when Ajax call.

1 hour ago, MattyD said:

Good morning, Mr Hepburn.

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Good morning, Mr Hepburn.

I should have put on a disclaimer. I am massive fan of his so probably biased I suppose just the same as the followers who can’t see past certain other players. 

The point I’m trying to make is the lack of consistency when evaluating player performances. Hepburn is the example Im using but there are plenty of others. 

22 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Do you realise how everyone of your posts is all about Barry Hepburn? It’s getting a bit embarrassing tbh. If you’re personally acquainted please let him know we’re sorry QP aren’t good enough for him and we won’t hold him back when Ajax call.

Barry Hepburn is the biggest disappointment of the window. Don't think it's clicked for him yet that's he's never going to be on Bayern money again if this is his level of performance. He will be lucky to sign for a club in this league whenever his contract does end over there .

1 hour ago, MattyD said:

You might be more familiar with him than the rest of us, but Queen's Park supporters have seen no evidence (apart from a very good goal against Ayr) that he is capable of producing anything magical.