The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

out of all the times i've chanced going out on friday night & making the bus the next morning, i've been caught out finally today 🤧. looks like i've missed a cracker. i'm not as down in the dumps about paton as i was about murray, considering that was halfway through the season & the guy had like, 18 goals & was the only thing keeping us afloat. rudden, macgregor & hinds coming into an attack that already has thomas, and 🤞 savoury soon. doesn't look all too bad

4 minutes ago, adamqpfc said:

i'm not as down in the dumps about paton as i was about murray,

also, the fact i assume we're getting a lot more money for paton than we did for murray, however can never be too sure with the clowns in suits.

35 minutes ago, adamqpfc said:

however can never be too sure with the clowns in suits.

Harsh.

I have issues with the running of the club, however, the release/ transferring out of players has been good in recent years:

Murray to Ross County 

Mckenna to Bournemouth 

Bannon to Burton albion 

Paton to ?

Those released have not exactly bettered themselves elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

5-0 in your first competitive game of the season. It won’t get much better than that

The nil bit is especially pleasing. Five goals - I expected nothing less 😅

I’m not going to pretend I wasn’t a seething mess when it became clear Paton was leaving but I’m more hopeful we didn’t roll over and accept a ridiculously low transfer fee (like we did for Murray) given that charlatan Leeann Dempster is no longer involved. 

The moves that McKenna, Bannon and Paton have got are something we can use when trying to sign players I.e give us a good season or two and you can get a move down south 

While it is obviously disappointing to see Paton leave, the result and performance today combined with the prospect of more new signings early next week has certainly lifted the spirits a good bit. I think it also needs to be said that taking in £600k plus in transfer fees with the potential for even more through sell on clauses is a pretty incredible number for the early stages of our professional era. If we can cut out some of the off field nonsense, the path to some kind of sustainability doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

45 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

I’m not going to pretend I wasn’t a seething mess when it became clear Paton was leaving but I’m more hopeful we didn’t roll over and accept a ridiculously low transfer fee (like we did for Murray) given that charlatan Leeann Dempster is no longer involved. 

If anyone would like to listen to 3 seething messes, we recorded our first episode of the new season here https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk. Perfectly timed with the Paton move getting announced about 5 minutes before we started recording. 

Pleased Rudden got off to a good start and MacGregor is impressing. Davidson sounds confident of more signings incoming soon from his interview. Surely going to have a decent amount of ££ available given the outgoings this summer!

First of all, the victory needs to be prefaced with the usual, it was versus a L2 team, but on the other hand you can only beat what’s in front of you. 

I found it interesting that Davidson’s been talking of changing to a 4 at the back system, although there was 5 in this game. If we’re intending on playing with 4, surely the time to do it was in the games versus ‘lesser’ opposition. 

Some excellent team goals in that game, both Rudden & MacGregor took their goals really well. Equally delighted for McLeish, with a calm finish.

Defensively we were a little suspect at times, although aerially we were excellent. As has been echoed, I still think another CB is a top priority. Quality reinforcements still required. 

1 minute ago, Spiders For Life said:

If anyone would like to listen to 3 seething messes, we recorded our first episode of the new season here https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk. Perfectly timed with the Paton move getting announced about 5 minutes before we started recording. 

Enjoyed listening to this in the journey up, perfectly summed up the mess that is QP over the summer. Keep up the great work lads. 

19 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

I found it interesting that Davidson’s been talking of changing to a 4 at the back system, although there was 5 in this game. If we’re intending on playing with 4, surely the time to do it was in the games versus ‘lesser’ opposition.

A dry run for Tuesday at Easter Road perhaps?

20 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

Some world class seething and ranting in the podcast which had me seething and ranting at home. It's a wonder my neighbours didn't call the police.

Edited to say: all of the seething and ranting was fully justified.

Edited by Spidersmad

46 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

First of all, the victory needs to be prefaced with the usual, it was versus a L2 team, but on the other hand you can only beat what’s in front of you. 

Some excellent team goals in that game, both Rudden & MacGregor took their goals really well. Equally delighted for McLeish, with a calm finish.

Defensively we were a little suspect at times, although aerially we were excellent. As has been echoed, I still think another CB is a top priority. Quality reinforcements still required. 

TBF, I thought Wilson, Jack and young Lewis played well today.

Another CB will be brought in to allow Jack to play in his favoured and best position.

I don’t think Tizzard is as comfy with the ball at his feet compared to the others and struggles with this formation as last season showed.

Early days but I think Rudden will do fine for The Spiders this season and will be among the top scorers in the league.

Not sure what happened at Raith but he seemed to be played in a few positions. They have their own system and maybe it didn't help him get amongst the goals?

If he plays as the number 9 for Queen's Park, he will be focused on what he's best at having a crack at goal. 

Has a good presence and decent turn of pace. Links up fairly well with other forwards.

Always struck me as a confidence kind of player. So if playing in his preferred role and getting some decent service he will be just fine 

Understandably a blow losing Paton but that just creates an opportunity for someone else and I feel Rudden is capable of taking that chance.