The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

Less than 100 tickets sold for our first knockout League Cup in years at 3pm on a Saturday.

IMG_7191.gif.ba0def2030ae84fa434713c13c04fb25.gif

and one of them is for my son who doesn't even like football but lives in Aberdeen & is getting dragged accompanying me to the match

56 minutes ago, an86 said:

Less than 100 tickets sold for our first knockout League Cup in years at 3pm on a Saturday.

IMG_7191.gif.ba0def2030ae84fa434713c13c04fb25.gif

Yeah, I know, but have been tasked with delivering wife and daughter to Edinburgh airport at 1330 and that A90 is notorious for speed cameras and unmarked police cars!....had Aberdeen made it a little easier to access, i.e. pay at the gate then I might have been able to make it work.

Edited by Spider1975

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Yeah, I know, but have been tasked with delivering wife and daughter to Edinburgh airport at 1330 and that A90 is notorious for speed cameras and unmarked police cars!....had Aberdeen made it a little easier to access, i.e. pay at the gate then I might have been able to make it work.

Give them £20 for a wee drink and drop them off early. What's more important in the wider scheme of things - you being at Aberdeen to cheer on the Queen's or the convenience of your family?

22 hours ago, Byekick said:

Speaking of kits, in the absence of a particularly decent home or away option currently, are there any sites doing good retro QP kits?

Toffs are even managing to offer a Third Lanark(!) shirt, but not a QP one. Score Draw only seem to do a couple of Scottish teams

Toffs did a run of the QP hoops top circa 1960 and it was sold in the souvenir shop but they have dropped it. Disappointing as the Supporters' Association paid for the initial preparation work. 

It would  be great if the QP foundation could flog some adult sizes of the kid's team strips - aside from anything else it would raise some money  for them
image.png.2e08f1cfac7ae710d2bd50d21adf4334.png

Can't imagine Adidas would  be happy with that though 

Ideal scenario- traditional hoops, no sponsor on it. That would make up for the atrocity of a home kit just now. 

Away kit- Some mental colour explosion like that Irn Bru dot one, so that you’ll get folk who aren’t fans buying it. There are only so many ways that we can get ourselves noticed in a crowded market. This is one. 

Third kit- You can get away with a third kit if it’s something folk might like. A modern version of either of the 80s away kits posted would do. 

Smart will sell. Uniquely mental will sell. We have neither of those. The track tops are very smart, I’ll concede. 

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

Ideal scenario- traditional hoops, no sponsor on it. That would make up for the atrocity of a home kit just now. 

Away kit- Some mental colour explosion like that Irn Bru dot one, so that you’ll get folk who aren’t fans buying it. There are only so many ways that we can get ourselves noticed in a crowded market. This is one. 

Third kit- You can get away with a third kit if it’s something folk might like. A modern version of either of the 80s away kits posted would do. 

Smart will sell. Uniquely mental will sell. We have neither of those. The track tops are very smart, I’ll concede. 

Something like that red and black Bukta shirt that hampdenspider posted a pic of yesterday would be a great third kit.

On 12/08/2024 at 16:55, Byekick said:

Speaking of kits, in the absence of a particularly decent home or away option currently, are there any sites doing good retro QP kits?

Toffs are even managing to offer a Third Lanark(!) shirt, but not a QP one. Score Draw only seem to do a couple of Scottish teams

On the back of this, I've ordered a shirt from Dunnottar, (there are four available on there at the moment)...will let you know what the quality is like on arrival.

46 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

On the back of this, I've ordered a shirt from Dunnottar, (there are four available on there at the moment)...will let you know what the quality is like on arrival.

The two shirts i ordered from them ages ago, white with black pinstripes and red with black/white shoulders are good quality and have no complaints about them. 

1 hour ago, Alan Twelve said:

Something like that red and black Bukta shirt that hampdenspider posted a pic of yesterday would be a great third kit.

Thats actually my favourite away shirt and would also love to see them do an up to date version of it for an away/3rd shirt although prefer the long sleeve shirts which had thicker red/black hooped sleeves compared to the short sleeve which just had red sleeves, but am sure they could do a red/black hooped short sleeve version using the 1” hoops instead of the thicker hoops. 

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

It would  be great if the QP foundation could flog some adult sizes of the kid's team strips - aside from anything else it would raise some money  for them

I'll take a couple of them.

Feels a bit mad that I haven't wanted to give the club money for any of our tops since 2020. In hindsight, the Macron ones were ok but they felt like a massive downgrade on the near perfect Admiral efforts that we had before so I decided to skip them assuming whatever came next would be an improvement; didn't think I'd be waiting this long. Such an easy thing to get right, which supporters actively want to part with their spare cash for.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Feels a bit mad that I haven't wanted to give the club money for any of our tops since 2020. In hindsight, the Macron ones were ok but they felt like a massive downgrade on the near perfect Admiral efforts that we had before so I decided to skip them assuming whatever came next would be an improvement; didn't think I'd be waiting this long. Such an easy thing to get right, which supporters actively want to part with their spare cash for.

Yeah, my 3 in rotation are the Admiral home top, the 150th anniversary (!) home top, and the *most historic kit*
imo the best kits we've had in my lifetime

13 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Feels a bit mad that I haven't wanted to give the club money for any of our tops since 2020

Since 2019 for me. Weird, right? I don't think it's our fault though because I think they don't want us to give them money 🤣

Only yesterday I saw a decent pair of Adidas shorts on clearance sale at the online shop for £12,50. I really wanted to buy them but the £6,50 shipping fee immediately put me off. They can easily unload that stock (and more of the new season stuff btw) by setting up a pop up shop before home games at Lesser/Hampden but as I said, they don't want us to give them any money 🤣

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

The absence of a well stocked supporters shop in the stadium on match days has struck me as being a bit weird. It's such an obvious revenue source that I can't understand why the club hasn't made better arrangements for this. There's a pop up media centre in Letherby Drive but no proper shop either inside or outside the stadium.

5 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

The absence of a well stocked supporters shop in the stadium on match days has struck me as being a bit weird. It's such an obvious revenue source that I can't understand why the club hasn't made better arrangements for this. There's a pop up media centre in Letherby Drive but no proper shop either inside or outside the stadium.

Yes you are right, the Foundation use it as well for storing all their gear.

QP a few weeks were one off the teams tipped to struggle this season,   but have you guys just methodically taken your time bringing in players that will make a difference,    You seem to pulling Centre backs out a hat like a magician,  can you give McCabe a tip...

For the record the lad Dane on loan from Celtic is a very good player,   if it wasn't for injuries he would be playing at a lot higher level than championship. 

You never know playing at Lesser will probably help your season no end,  I always think it's 2 big a pitch for mere mortals I e.  Rangers last night.