The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Rudden is a good player, just not a finisher. And that can be the difference between going down or going up, considering the small difference between all clubs in the Championship this year.

We are one goalscorer away from going up... but I reckon that goes for all the other clubs?

Onfield I can only see positives (youngster getting game time, good aditions to the club even if goalscorers as Murray or Paton did go out, an interesting backroom staff that can only evolve as time goes by) but the reallity is that the stadium issue can (and will be) the game changer to go one level up, clubwise.

In my view renting Hampden is not an option nor is playing at Lesser, to be honest. This club will only be Premiership stuff the day that we move into a new, proper field - and that takes some planing (government funds, city council vacant / development lands, a proper football stadium project, etc.) so that the fanbase can increase and remain interested in following the club.

I was hoping that Lesser could be the start of the club's boom, but clearly the board doesn't have a clear vision of what they want in this area.

Edited by SpiderFromMars

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looks like the hill belongs to our neighbour. Hope nobody tells the locals…

QPFC land boundary prior to sale in 2020.

IMG_1400.thumb.jpeg.86ca0bc6533143660fd5562f7b385aab.jpeg

QPFC land boundary after sale 2020.

IMG_1399.thumb.jpeg.c86723471ef073ae9cc8f8da21634e85.jpeg

Why have we lost the top right hand side of the ground? 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looks like the hill belongs to our neighbour. Hope nobody tells the locals…

QPFC land boundary prior to sale in 2020.

IMG_1400.thumb.jpeg.86ca0bc6533143660fd5562f7b385aab.jpeg

QPFC land boundary after sale 2020.

IMG_1399.thumb.jpeg.c86723471ef073ae9cc8f8da21634e85.jpeg

Yes. SFA own it as part if sale of Hampden in 2020. 

Liked what I saw yesterday. Reckon we’re lucky to have Davidson. Team setup was excellent and to have learned the lessons from Easter Road and have them drilled into the players so quickly was impressive. They did us proud. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-vs-morton-fixture-announcement/. So it starts... getting evicted is easy when you don't have a plan.

Five years after the vote and the first announcement of plans to develop Lesser, four years since the begining of the works, three years since the end of the Hampden lease, the groundsharing with Falkirk, Partick and Stennie in the meantime - isn't all of this a very big red flag?

Where the h*ll are the clubs decision makers and why aren't they making good decisions? This isn't rocket science, it's plain logic!

Get us a decent ground!

Edited by SpiderFromMars

10 hours ago, SpiderFromMars said:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-vs-morton-fixture-announcement/. So it starts... getting evicted is easy when you don't have a plan.

Five years after the vote and the first announcement of plans to develop Lesser, four years since the begining of the works, three years since the end of the Hampden lease, the groundsharing with Falkirk, Partick and Stennie in the meantime - isn't all of this a very big red flag?

Where the h*ll are the clubs decision makers and why aren't they making good decisions? This isn't rocket science, it's plain logic!

Get us a decent ground!

Get us a decent Committee. Current one is full of deadbeats and "old chums". 

21 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Why have we lost the top right hand side of the ground? 

This is the best image I could find of the finished (?) article so it looks like the drawing is accurate. Why? Gerry Crawley was president when the drawings were signed off. David Hunter was president when it was being built. And Leeann Dempster was around somewhere too. Take your pick. No obvious good reason though. Maybe we finally got rid of the mysterious Clincart Burn.

image.png.55e2f8eb7494ea1dfc69888e53ce7839.png

Rangers "at home" to Dundee in League Cup Q/F on weekend of 21st / 22nd September so our committee can breath a sigh of relief for having a reason to play the Ayr game at Lesser on a date to be decided after the date for the Rangers game has been announced. I still can't see a valid reason for moving the Morton game though.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is the best image I could find of the finished (?) article so it looks like the drawing is accurate. Why? Gerry Crawley was president when the drawings were signed off. David Hunter was president when it was being built. And Leeann Dempster was around somewhere too. Take your pick. No obvious good reason though. Maybe we finally got rid of the mysterious Clincart Burn.

image.png.55e2f8eb7494ea1dfc69888e53ce7839.png

Was there a planning restriction on the vertical elevation of the building, as besides the Royal Box, what I cannot fathom is how the grey shipping container that presumably is the changing room wasn't/couldn't have been incorporated in a more aesthetically pleasing and supporter accommodating way?, or was what we ended up with just the basic 'ask' of the SFA for SMNT training and press facility?

On 18/08/2024 at 11:31, spiders4ever said:

Disappointing that it's the BBC highlights. Not as good as QP's are.

The footage was actually from Premier Sports, who had provided two camera coverage of the game for their live stream. It didn't make sense for us to then film the game single camera in addition to this. Back to our normal on Saturday. 

Edited by behindthelens

On 18/08/2024 at 10:38, SpiderFromMars said:

Rudden is a good player, just not a finisher. And that can be the difference between going down or going up, considering the small difference between all clubs in the Championship this year.

Yeah, I didn't say he wasn't a good player, but I do find him a rather frustrating enigma.  

If he's not a finisher, (& certainly his goal return for previous clubs would support that), then what is he?.  If he's there as a target to hold the ball up and bring others into play then I'd be starting to get worried.  Ferrie is probably the best shot stopper in the division but his kicking can be a bit wayward and his decision making can be a little slow, which often gives the opposition time to reset; Rudden vs Falkirk at least, never seemed to be in the right place and if he was, for someone as physically imposing as he is, seemed to come off second best more often than not, creating second balls that we had nobody near to challenge for.  Personally I thought he went down rather too easily at times, (embarrassingly at least once) that game too, something he seemed to be repeating at the weekend.

If he's there to stretch defences, then we need runners to expose those spaces and with the 3/5 at the back and the isolation of the wide players then I think he'd benefit hugely from a change in system....which would be my only criticism of Davidson....

17 hours ago, an86 said:

Reckon we’re lucky to have Davidson. Team setup was excellent and to have learned the lessons from Easter Road and have them drilled into the players so quickly was impressive.

Completely agree.  If I had the inclination I'd get the glasses on and go and examine our Most Historic Kit so see whether that run post Arbroath and pre-CD last year was the worst in our history.  I thought, although we rode our luck at times, we contained Aberdeen well enough.  Now that we have some options at CB, I'd love to see CD release the hand-brake a bit.  The three at the back imho was made for a rampaging, unhindered ball carrying CB like Charlie Fox to create mayhem but he's out now for the season and with really competent CB's like Udjur, Murray and Fieldson, (small sample size granted), I like to see a reversion to a back four.  We're asking a huge amount of Scott & Longridge out wide, because of which they're getting isolated and we rarely get a full 90 mins out of either; Kerr in behind Hinds and Scott in behind Thomas would give us width and pace to exploit for the space Rudden could create.

On 18/08/2024 at 09:29, starshot131 said:

So what do you reckon guys, do we just call the season here?
image.png.e6c871d63f15538d1cbe74f6e6d91544.png

I reckon we're, without any further significant injury concerns, good for 6th and a goal-scorer away from the play-offs....but yes, given last year, guaranteed safety with half a dozen games to go would be fine by me!

Edited by Spider1975

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Rangers "at home" to Dundee in League Cup Q/F on weekend of 21st / 22nd September so our committee can breath a sigh of relief for having a reason to play the Ayr game at Lesser on a date to be decided after the date for the Rangers game has been announced. I still can't see a valid reason for moving the Morton game though.

I'd be surprised if we play at Hampden again before Rangers return to Ibrox.