Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

That's good to know. We now won't be having anymore b teams. And leaves room for 2 teams to be promoted when current b teams get voted out.

I don’t think it does. If the league is restricted to 16 teams then it doesn’t matter what happens to the B teams. When they go the LL still has 16 members. 

Edited by It's Me

The 16 club rule was extended to 16+2 guests when the Old Firm B's came in as guests,  then 16+3 when Hearts B joined as a 3rd guest.

Hearts B and Celtic B will be in the Lowland League for seasons 24/25 and 25/26.  There was an extension option for their participation in 26/27 but I don't know what the process/criteria for that option is.

4 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

I can't see it happening until below changes to either a 2nd lowland league. The west get more licensed clubs and or sosfl find their place. 

Although it could be seen as being unfair for sosfl teams at tier 6 to go in near the bottom of wosfl

I don't disagree with that.   I think the most it would go to is one down and second bottom play-off.  It will not be the 3 Champs promoted due to the SoS situation.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The LL clubs could vote to change the rules to increase the number but any changes need approved by the SFA board.    

Been posted before that SFA have said it won't increase from 16. 

I think the SFA worry that another 2 votes in the LL could cause them issues down the line.

That's exactly what it is.  Another 2 voting members at tier 5 isn't welcome, and also why three feeders to L2 at tier 5 (HL, LLE, LLW) is never happening either.

Edited by Burnieman

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't disagree with that.   I think the most it would go to is one down and second bottom play-off.  It will not be the 3 Champs promoted due to the SoS situation.

3 up has never been that likely and nothing to do with the South. Its been like pulling teeth to get a change through as it is without them worrying about 3-4 teams going down each season.

They showed their hand with including the relegation play-off as one of the three options last time they voted on relegation. Begs the question just how they expect that to work with the LL finishing mid-April and Tier 6 finishing 2-3 weeks later and the SPFL2 Play-off impacting 2nd bottom in the LL. The same issues that exist in the Highland that's been handwaved by no one really having to do it.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

3 up has never been that likely and nothing to do with the South. Its been like pulling teeth to get a change through as it is without them worrying about 3-4 teams going down each season.

They showed their hand with including the relegation play-off as one of the three options last time they voted on relegation. Begs the question just how they expect that to work with the LL finishing mid-April and Tier 6 finishing 2-3 weeks later and the SPFL2 Play-off impacting 2nd bottom in the LL. The same issues that exist in the Highland that's been handwaved by no one really having to do it.

The logistics of any proposed play-off can be dealt with easily enough, the hard part is getting change through to start with.

That will come eventually once the scales tip and more former Junior clubs head up the way with Gretna and a few other being emptied. Probably around the same time as B teams extension expiring.

However I can't see it being anymore than 1.5 spots up being offered up, which at least would be some progress.

25 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Again the SoS being raised. It won't happen full stop. Lets not forget the West have not produced a licensed champion for two years. 

Considering it was widely reported that Dalbeattie going back into the Lowland League would have been a "financial disaster" for them. Can you really be that upset that people are asking the question? 

4 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Again the SoS being raised. It won't happen full stop. Lets not forget the West have not produced a licensed champion for two years. 

How do you know that? to have SoS clubs getting pumped every season - as well as admitting they don't really want promotion - isn't healthy, Threave showed them the way it needs to go.

The WoS has only been in the Pyramid three seasons, and didn't produce a licenced Champion this year promarily down to the licence process being closed by the SFA.

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Considering it was widely reported that Dalbeattie going back into the Lowland League would have been a "financial disaster" for them. Can you really be that upset that people are asking the question? 

I'm not upset about it just sick of everyone slating the league I follow. As I say we put forward a champion club with a license and the west didn't. I don't see people here calling out the West for not having their house in order and not having a licensed champion club for two years. 

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How do you know that? to have SoS clubs getting pumped every season - as well as admitting they don't really want promotion - isn't healthy, Threave showed them the way it needs to go.

The WoS has only been in the Pyramid three seasons, and didn't produce a licenced Champion this year promarily down to the licence process being closed by the SFA.

Who was their licensed champion last season????? 

How many teams in the West actually want to be in the pyramid?? Not many I would guess. 

1 minute ago, It's Me said:

Who was their licensed champion last season????? 

How many teams in the West actually want to be in the pyramid?? Not many I would guess. 

What are you on about? 🤦‍♂️

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, It's Me said:

I'm not upset about it just sick of everyone slating the league I follow. As I say we put forward a champion club with a license and the west didn't. I don't see people here calling out the West for not having their house in order and not having a licensed champion club for two years. 

The difference is the West of Scotland have only had 4 years (minus the last 18 month where the SFA have blocked them) to get their licences together and the teams are competitive and (most) WANT to be promoted to the Lowland League.

Which teams in the South of Scotland would like to play and would be competitive in the Lowland League if they were promoted? 

Edited by Spyro

Just now, Burnieman said:

What are you on about? 🤦‍♂️

You stated the South teams don't want promotion. There are teams in the West not wanting promoted either. But you want call that out. 

You stated the South teams don't want promotion. There are teams in the West not wanting promoted either. But you want call that out. 

Which ones? Or are you just relying on hear-say you've read on here

3 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Licences aren't the issue here as you well know.

Clubs in the SoS are a well below the level required to compete with the top WoS and EoS clubs, the Broxburn result showed that, the previous play-off results have shown that, the South Challenge Cup results have shown that.

Neither does it appear the clubs themselves want promotion, understandably.  Threave buggered off to the WoS, and Dalbeattie officials are alleged to have said that promotion would be a disaster financially.

So do you seriously think that leaving SoS at tier 6 is healthy for both SoS and the Pyramid as a whole?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Which ones have said they don't want promotion?

Let's flip that, which clubs in the SoS are desperate for promotion to the LL ?

Edited by Burnieman

10 minutes ago, Spyro said:

The difference is the West of Scotland have only had 4 years (minus the last 18 month where the SFA have blocked them) to get their licences together and the teams are competitive and (most) WANT to be promoted to the Lowland League.

Which teams in the South of Scotland would like to play and would be competitive in the Lowland League if they were promoted? 

I think in the next few seasons Dalbeattie would be fine and Creetown would be a good addition. 

8 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Which ones? Or are you just relying on hear-say you've read on here

What I heard is hardly any of them want to make the move first because they can survive without one another as they rely on gate money. 

3 minutes ago, It's Me said:

I think in the next few seasons Dalbeattie would be fine and Creetown would be a good addition. 

What I heard is hardly any of them want to make the move first because they can survive without one another as they rely on gate money. 

Thanks, I've just sprayed juice all over my phone now