Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Could Berwick become the first team to bounce back up? 

EK will win majority of there matches, but will also chuck in a shocker now and again. Hopefully someone else can be as consistent and push them all the way. 

Would not be surprised to see Hearts B finishing top 

1 minute ago, Connor7 said:

Could Berwick become the first team to bounce back up? 

EK will win majority of there matches, but will also chuck in a shocker now and again. Hopefully someone else can be as consistent and push them all the way. 

Would not be surprised to see Hearts B finishing top 

Hearts B were excellent vs Kelty in pre season. Would expect them to be right up there.

Just now, leomessi1984 said:

Hearts B were excellent vs Kelty in pre season. Would expect them to be right up there.

Had a good season last year as well, Tranent may also kick on with a new manager bounce. Would imagine Robbie Horn will get the job 

4 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

What tier 6 league are Broomhill listed to drop into if the worst happens?

WoSFL. A factor in why they left Alloa as they'd otherwise have been locked into the East based on geography.

21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

WoSFL. A factor in why they left Alloa as they'd otherwise have been locked into the East based on geography.

Would they wish to continue as a club if they dropped into the WOSFL? I am sure West no longer allows ground sharing on grass parks as well so may be some politics if that happened too although they have had 3 tough fixtures to start and I don't expect them to finish bottom but Gretna certainly look a lot better than last season so likely need to finish at least above Gala?

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Would they wish to continue as a club if they dropped into the WOSFL?

The fact they wanted to get back to a West of Scotland ground once the WoSFL had been set-up suggests they would. That's even before the Open Goal experiment took them to Cumbernauld. They didn't want to get stuck in the Alloa after being settled there for years.

Ground wise. I haven't a clue what would happen. There's going to be some on paper agreement to accept certain clubs as part of the LL Playoff. They'd be an SFA licensed club. Don't see any problem coming down. Hanging around longer term i'd doubt Dumbarton would be on the agenda. That's when they might just give up the ghost.

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think the constitution of the WOSFL had to be changed to accommodate such a scenario. The issue with the original WOSFL constitution was it only covered clubs that were members of the WOSFL. I remember it being called The Albion Rovers Scenario.

Imagine Broomhill dropping into the WOSFL Premier, not the type of game that clubs were looking forward to when they signed up to the pyramid.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

32 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Would they wish to continue as a club if they dropped into the WOSFL? I am sure West no longer allows ground sharing on grass parks as well so may be some politics if that happened too although they have had 3 tough fixtures to start and I don't expect them to finish bottom but Gretna certainly look a lot better than last season so likely need to finish at least above Gala?

Dumbarton is Artificial or have Broomhill moved again.

Glenvale are playing at Maryhill till Ferguslie is ready.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Dumbarton is grass.

I think I just presumed it was artificial for some reason. That will be why there was talk of the pitch quality last year. Thought it was just a cheap, crappy astro.  Spreading myself too thin. Should just stick to SOSFL matters methinks 😊😊.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

58 minutes ago, Shannon said:

If the WoSFL refuse to take a team relegated from tier 5 without a very, very strong reason - and "cos they share a grass pitch" isn't one of them - they should be removed from the pyramid. You cannot have a pyramid in which a club with 5 tiers below them gets relegated and has to go amateur or fold.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

Will probably be changed to astro next summer

Really? The club owners finally given up on moving out.

EDIT: https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/dumbarton-fc-community-trust/

An integral part of the project will be the installation of an artificial playing surface and development of facilities at the Marbill Coaches Stadium* for the benefit of the community. It is intended that this initiative will also help underpin the sustainability and future development of the Club.

*Quick double check that's the Rock since it's another name change 🤣

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, Shannon said:

If the West refused to allow them to compete on the same basis as they already do in the Lowland that could be a good reason for the Lowland to refuse to accept a promoted club from the West!

49 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If the West refused to allow them to compete on the same basis as they already do in the Lowland that could be a good reason for the Lowland to refuse to accept a promoted club from the West!

I had a conversation in a post last season about this issue.

Here's what I can remember without looking through my many posts for it:

The original constitution of the WOSFL only allowed clubs that were members of the WOSFL being relegated down from Tier 5, any other club would have to apply to enter at the bottom tier. My understanding is that an amendment was to be proposed at the most recent agm specifically covering clubs that came under the accepted geographical domain of the WOSFL, in that if any by such club were in a relegation position in the tier 5 Lowland League, they would in effect be voted into the top league i.e. the tier 6 Premier without the need for said vote.

I would imagine this has been discussed between the Lowland and WOSFL at management level. 

Anyway what you doing poking around in Non-league; your lot had their chance to join with us at end of last season, but decided it wasn't for you and stopped that poor wee club from South Lanarkshire getting their shot at the big time. 😆😆😆

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Anyway what you doing poking around in Non-league; your lot had their chance to join with us at end of last season, but decided it wasn't for you and stopped that poor wee club from South Lanarkshire getting their shot at the big time. 😆😆😆

I can only apologise for that 😉