Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Whilst EK have a good budget, do they have the kind of budget to just sign 2-3 players everytime they drop points? That's Kennedy's only answer to adversity. Managing players through tough spells isn't his best attribute.

They spent about 5 times what every other team did last season so I would say yes they can sign 2 or 3 players whenever they want.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

For whatever reason, it doesn't feel like they are as strong as they were last season. I still think they will win the league in the end, I think they have a level of spending power their rivals don't have and that will be the difference.

Braves will match them with spending.

Bonnyrigg 87pts / 34 games

Spartans 79pts / 36 games

EK 81pts / 36 games

Kennedy and Ferry seem like the perfect dream team for grabbing headlines when things are going well, but will start to down tools when it goes against them. Look at how they saw out their times at Darvel and Broomhill. Which is why I can see it all going wrong this season. Its all or nothing and 2nd/3rd ain't going to be good enough.

Braves look to be a complete unknown this season. Don't think they have ever even finished in the top half of the table. Now they're topping it. Kept their manager that knows the league. Didn't try and raid from the SPFL, largely signing from within the Lowland during the summer. No clue how real or tangible their crowdfunding is, but they're going to push the boat out to chase the pipe dream to keep that money coming in.

image.png.638eb4295e19bcf285399b1f95ef802d.png

I won't totally rule out Linlithgow Rose either. Look to have improved after that difficult first season.

On 15/09/2024 at 22:04, DiegoDiego said:

The League 2 average was 596 last season, three clubs had four figure attendances. Are you really fine with having that many folk standing about outside for two hours in the Scottish winter? Remember these clubs regularly play full-time teams in the League Cup as well.

People stand out is the pishing rain at all games under their umbrellas when there's a nice dry stand or cover available., I'm sure you'll have noticed that.

Spartans have seating for 700, fowk still stand in the pishing rain on the grass bank behind the goals.  It's human nature.

Cover for 500 is not required for crowds that barely exceed that.   

On 21/09/2024 at 16:28, Spyro said:

Considering how close the past votes to keep them in the league have been, it's a MASSIVE 3 points in the relegation battle. It could be the difference between the B teams being voted in or not next time it's voted on. The league is a laughing stock and it's a shame, it has great potential but anyone looking in will be wondering why they've left themselves so open to criticism by creating a situation like this

What situation? looking at the line-up it's probably the strongest they could have fielded in the circumstances.  Pollock went off to Raith Rovers on loan in the week (and scored yesterday) and there's 4 or 5 on the injury list. Jamie MacDonald was also injured so one of the U18 keepers played.

Doesn't look like Naismith was including any B players in his matchday squads this season.

Nothing to see here, players leave and teams get injuries.